Resident Care Specialist, CNA
Company: SAVA SENIOR CARE
Location: Fort Collins
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Resident Care Advisor DescriptionSummary Provides services and care for residents. Responsible for providing instruction and mentoring, and assigning and reviewing work of newly hired Resident Care Specialists / Certified Nursing Assistants. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides personal care and services such as: a)Assistance with activities of daily living (turning and positioning, toileting, bathing and grooming, feeding, and mobility.) b)Obtains vital signs, weight, and other resident information as necessary, and reports said information to supervising nurse.
- Provides non-resident services such as, but not limited to, washing wheelchairs and cleaning resident areas in compliance with infection control procedures.
- Makes routine rounds on assigned residents in accordance with established procedures.
- Promptly communicates any significant changes in behavior or condition to supervisor.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to newly hired Resident Care Specialists / Certified Nursing Assistants on specific care routines and individualized resident care.
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding new hire productivity and performance, and documents and provides feedback as required and necessary.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to new hires beyond formal mentoring time period, to at least include 90-day introductory period.
- Participates in recruitment and interview processes for Resident Care Specialist / Certified Nursing Assistant prospects.
- Participates in specific committees or work teams (e.g. Quality Staffing) as requested.
- Fulfills all essential duties and responsibilities in the absence of mentoring assignments. Job Requirements Resident Care Advisor RequirementsQualifications
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, or related experience and / or training
- Preferred minimum three years experience in job function
- Successful completion of State-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course
- Maintains certification in good standing
- Worked in affiliated facility for at least one year
- 2.3 or higher performance rating (most current evaluation period)
- Two peer reference letters
- One supervisory reference letter Physical Demands & Environment Alternate shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, see, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop or kneel. Employee occasionally assists, using appropriate lift equipment and in accordance with specific company guidelines, with lifting and/or transferring residents typically weighing between 100 to 250 pounds (weight may, however, exceed 250 pounds.) Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. About this Organization We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, services are provided through skilled nursing facilities in 21 states. The commitment is to provide compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our affiliated entities focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. The aim is to care for every resident the way we would care for our family members. We strive to provide residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of "caring and curing". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services. Equal Opportunity Employer We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: SAVA SENIOR CARE, Denver , Resident Care Specialist, CNA, Healthcare , Fort Collins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!