Registered Nurse PACU
Company: Centura Health
Posted on: January 14, 2018
St. Anthony Hospital is located in the western Denver suburb of Lakewood and is a Level I Trauma Center with four dedicated trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus. If you---re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we encourage you to apply. In addition to a new campus, supportive team and faith-based mission, we---re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission---s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades (for Stroke, Critical Care and Prostate Surgery Excellence); the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. For more information about St. Anthony Hospital, visit http://www.stanthonyhosp.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 115470
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7214 SAH POST ANESTHESIA CARE UNIT
Hospital: ST ANTHONY MEDICAL CAMPUS
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- One year experience preferred
- Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required;
- Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
- Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
- Hired on or after July 1st, 2013, a BSN is required or must be enrolled in BSN program within 12 months from hire date and completed within five years.--
- ACLS required within 3 months of hire/transfer date
- PALS or ENPC required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.--
- Minimum 2 years--- experience in a critical care and/or PACU setting required
- Vent experience preferred
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED:
- Provide post anesthesia care to patients after surgical, GI, CVIL or other procedural episodes of care.
- Provide Phase I level of care receiving patients directly from the OR post-anesthetic.
- Provide Phase II level of care to include educating patient/family members about post anesthesia care.
- Discharge patients appropriately from surgical or procedural episode of care.
- Cross train into Prep Recovery North, South, and Central and the Nurse Liaison role.
- Provide recording assistance during a T-10 trauma.
- On-Call time required.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014:--Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does--not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.--
Keywords: Centura Health, Denver, Registered Nurse PACU, Healthcare, Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!