Registered Nurse Shift Coordinator - Med Surg
Company: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Registered Nurse Shift CoordinatorJob Description:
Working with department manager, the RN - Coordinator I provides
leadership and clinical expertise on their respective shift and
department. They are accountable for coordination of unit resources
to ensure that staffing to census and acuity is appropriate both
clinically and financially. They function as clinical support for
staff and are a role model of competency and professionalism.
1.Supervises and/or provides direct patient care. Assist and
support staff in respondingto and problem solving situations
related to patient/ family complaints, Physician concerns, risk
management, associate safety, and Hospital safety.
2. Respond to patient emergencies as needed. Responds as the charge
or lead person for disasters.
3. Collaborates with the staffing office and adjust numbers of
staff for census changes during the shift.
4. Communicates with the oncoming Charge Nurse about census,
staffing, pending admissions and discharges, any problems she/ he
needs to be aware of, and any patient information that will be
helpful in making assignments.
5. Supports unit management team in managing department
productivity/staffing and timekeeping, and coordinating unit
6. Perform evaluations, coaching and disciplinary actions as
7. Participates in hospital committees as unit representative as
8. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides
by service behavior standards.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of
competency and qualifications) based on business need.
11. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly
* Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing is required.
* A Registered Nurse with an ASN/ADN degree must complete a BSN
degree within four (4) years from the Registered Nurse's date of
hire unless the Registered Nurse has a minimum of fifteen (15)
years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute
care setting. Failure to obtain a BSN degree within that time frame
may result in suspension or termination of employment. Any
Registered Nurse who takes legally protected leave during the Four
(4) year completion period may have the period extended by a
comparable amount of time.
* Registered Nurses employed Good Samaritan by as of September 1,
2014 with only an ASN/ADN will be exempt from this requirement.
* Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for
Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) certification upon hire or obtained
within 60 days of hire with prior approval. (ACLS/NRP/PALS as
appropriate for unit or service.)
* Bachelor's degree of Nursing is preferred
* Certification as appropriate for unit or service is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list
must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education,
training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Regular attendance to perform work on site during regularly
scheduled business hours or scheduled shifts is required.
2. Ability to work nights and/or weekends is required for
Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels,
assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and
supplies.- and -Frequent interactions with patient care providers,
patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally
communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information,
alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly
during emergency situations.- and -Manual dexterity of hands and
fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision
and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for
documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication
preparation, etc.- and -Expected to lift and utilize full range of
movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift,
and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of
varying weights, up to and including heavy items.- and -Need to
walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining
and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes
pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy
items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of
equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).- and -May be expected to
stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
Anticipated job posting close date:
Good Samaritan Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly
rate dependent upon experience.
$36.21 - $64.33
We care about your well-being - mind, body, and spirit - which is
why we provide our caregivers a generous benefits package that
covers a wide range of programs to foster a sustainable culture of
wellness that encompasses living healthy, happy, secure, connected,
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits packages for our Idaho,
Nevada, and Utah based caregivers, and for our Colorado, Montana,
and Kansas based caregivers; and our commitment to diversity,
equity, and inclusion.
Intermountain Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Good Samaritan Medical Center, Denver , Registered Nurse Shift Coordinator - Med Surg, Healthcare , Lafayette, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!