Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: November 20, 2023
NurseOFFICE OF SCHOOLS
Traditional 186 work days per year
Salary Range: See DCTA SSP/Teacher Salary Schedule at
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The School Nurse is an essential role to our schools and will
oversee the emotional, mental, physical, and social health of
students and maintain a safe and healthy environment. School Nurses
are assigned to work across the district in one or multiple school
locations depending on the needs of the school.
* Promote an optimal level of wellness to enhance the educational
process of students.
* Work to remove, modify or reduce health-related barriers to
* Provide well student care, health care, first aid, immunizations
and assistance to students at assigned school.
* Perform screenings for scoliosis, vision, hearing, height and
weight, and/or other conditions and make referrals and
* Complete, update, and maintain student records (accident reports,
health records) using District software systems, and complete and
* May supervise health paraprofessionals and other health staff in
Knowledge, Experience Other Qualifications:
* Possess a valid Colorado Professional Special Services Provider
License with endorsement as a School Nurse.
* Be licensed as a registered nurse by the State of Colorado.
* Possess a current certificate for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS), and be able to renew it as
* Have previous school nursing experience, preferred.
* Have a National School Nurse Certification, which is highly
* Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle
systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with
believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and
heard with access to high quality education.
* Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while
working with us.
* Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the
physical demand of the position.
* Have a Bachelor's Degree of Science in nursing from an accredited
College or University.
* If you do NOT have a BSN, you must have three (3) or more years
of licensed, practical experience as an RN with school-aged
children in order for the district to sign off on a temporary
license AND at the time of hire, you must be able to show proof of
enrollment in a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing program and agree
to finish the program during the next three years, during your
probationary period with CDE. (This includes any agency nurses
What DPS Offers You:
* A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity,
Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will
* Competitive SSP/Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive
* In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total
Reward offerings such as; time off, health and wellness benefits,
and PERA Retirement.
Innovation School - Please ensure you review the Innovation Plan to
understand terms and conditions of employment prior to applying.
Innovation Plan is available at:
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs
of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal
is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching
educational opportunities from preschool through high school
graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including
traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with
an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other
status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all
qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors.
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!