Educator Lead, Nutrition - Westside Family Health Center
Company: Denver Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
We are recruiting for a Educator Lead, Nutrition - Westside
Family Health Center to join our team!
We are here for life's journey.
Where is your life journey taking you?
Being the heartbeat of Denver means our heart reflects something
bigger than ourselves, something that connects us all:
Humanity in action, Triumph in hardship, Transformation in health.
Department ACS-CHS Grants Funded Job Summary
Under general supervision, the WIC Educator Lead delivers WIC
services to participants by determining and documenting
eligibility, maintains participant and program records, and
interviews and provides nutrition and breastfeeding education with
behavior change goals to develop individual care plans. Refers WIC
participants to appropriate healthcare, community, and social
service programs. Is required to float to all WIC clinics as
needed. The WIC Educator Lead is a resource for clinic staff, other
Denver Health departments, and outside partners who has additional
duties beyond the scope of a WIC Educator.
- Client Interactions
* Determines WIC program eligibility and enrolls WIC
* Conducts nutrition interviews and health assessments
* Utilizes participant-centered and motivational interviewing
approaches to providing education and counseling
* Collaborates with medical teams to enroll WIC-eligible families
within medical appointments
* Supports building-wide enrollment for multiple departments
* Supports grant data collection to ensure that grant deliverables
* Refers clients to appropriate healthcare, community, and social
* Provides customer service through clerical phone support and
front desk management
* Promotes and supports breastfeeding
* Trains and updates training materials for new staff
* Coordinates services and ensures program compliance with non-WIC
* Clarifies policies and procedures to staff in supervisor's
* Demonstrates and promotes positive interpersonal relationships
with internal and external clients and fellow employees
* Demonstrates and promotes courtesy, dignity, empathy, and respect
through verbal and non-verbal communications
- High School Diploma or GED Required Work Experience:
- less than 1 year A minimum of 6 months of WIC experience
- BLS-Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) - AHA - American Heart
- CLC-Certified Lactation Counselor - ALPP - Academy
ofLactationPolicy and Practice Required Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of basic spelling and math, including measurements
used for weight, height, and length (fractions, pounds, and
- Proficient typing and bilingual skills preferred.
- Ability to: operate standard office equipment; prepare and
maintain accurate and neat records; communicate effectively orally
and in writing.
- Ability to: work as a team member and to provide quality
customer service skills in person and over the phone.
Shift Work Type Regular Salary $21.11 - $28.56 / hr Benefits
- Outstanding benefits including up to 27 paid days off per year,
immediate retirement plan employer contribution up to 9.5%, and
generous medical plans
- Free RTD EcoPass (public transportation)
- On-site employee fitness center and wellness classes
- Childcare discount programs & exclusive perks on large brands,
travel, and more
- Tuition reimbursement & assistance
- Education & development opportunities including career pathways
- Professional clinical advancement program & shared
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer+ free
student loan coaching and assistance navigating the PSLF
- National Health Service Corps (NHCS) and Colorado Health
Service Corps (CHSC) eligible employer Our Values
- Transparency All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions
must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of
employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, high-quality academic health care
system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I
Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911
emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 19
school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, a
Public Health Institute, an HMO and The Denver Health
As Colorado's primary, and essential, safety-net institution,
Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided
billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is
viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on
hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar
for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals
and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away
from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is
an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health values the unique ideas, talents and contributions
reflective of the needs of our community. For more about our
commitment to diversity visit:
Keywords: Denver Health, Denver , Educator Lead, Nutrition - Westside Family Health Center, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!