Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: March 20, 2023
$1,000 sign on bonus eligible position!SEIU Local 105 --- $25.44
- $28.72--"May be entitled to translation/bilingual, shift or other
wage premiums as governed by the applicable collective bargaining
agreement. Please refer to the respective collective bargaining
agreement for additional information on such wage premiums:
https://www.lmpartnership.org/local-contracts." -- ----Job
Summary:Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of
ones actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient
relationships. Actively seeks information to understand
member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs.
Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients.
Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds
quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
Performs duties as under Nurse Practice Act (Portions adopted from
the Colorado State Nurse Practice Act CRS 12-38-103).Essential
- This position knows and complies with all Kaiser Permanente
quality, safety, and emergency policies and procedures.
Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical
practice in every interaction with patients, colleagues, providers,
and leadership. Ensures patient safety in the preparation and
provisioning of care related to but not limited to medications
including the consistent use of 5 rights and 3 checks of medication
administration, procedures, infection prevention, fall prevention,
including consistent use of two patient identifiers and procedural
time outs. Reports safety hazards, accidents and incidents, and
unsafe working conditions promptly.
- Applies principles of asepsis and infection control. Maintains
a safe and therapeutic patient care environment, including
identifying malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports the physician and other medical providers in the care
and treatment of patients, including rooming the patient;
communicating delays to patient, provider, and team members; and
facilitating the medical providers schedule. Performs duties and
responsibilities with excellence, enthusiasm, great service
orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors and mannerisms, and
by anticipating physician and other medical providers needs.
- Practices within scope of practice perimeters as inferred by
licensure, standard nursing practice, knowledge, skill level, and
- Performs routine and specialized nursing procedures following
physicians orders and approved nursing care plan, e.g. administers
treatment using therapeutic equipment, such as intermittent
positive pressure breathing apparatus; administers medications
(including narcotics) orally or by injections; and provides
specialized nursing care to acutely ill patients. If IV certified
LPN, may perform intravenous therapy, as per Colorado State Board
of Nursing Chapter IX.
- Monitors patients condition by observing, collecting,
reporting, and recording objective/subjective data; identifies
changes in the patients condition; collect data and report sign and
symptoms of deviation from normal health status, symptoms and/or
reactions to medications and treatments; initiates appropriate
standard emergency procedures and reports adverse patient
conditions to physician, Nursing Manager, or registered nurse.
- Teaches and promotes general preventive health measures to
patients and members of their families regarding home health care,
such as use of medications, administering injections, taking blood
pressure, general post-operative care, and general diabetic care.
Disseminates pre-printed standard aftercare instructions and
pre-printed patient instruction material. Licensed Practical
- Assists physician with examinations, treatments and minor
surgery, by preparing patient and room for a specific procedure and
attending patient during procedure.
- Records pertinent information in patients medical chart, e.g.,
patients nursing history, physical data, vital signs, symptoms,
treatments, examinations, medications administered, reactions and
general observations, according to standard requirements.
- Assists in orienting and training new employees, as assigned.
May perform the duties of a Nursing Assistant or Medical
Receptionist, as required. May assign/coordinate activities for
nursing and medical assistants and medical receptionist.
- Orders, stores and maintains adequate inventory of supplies and
instruments used by department as assigned.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for
consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined
by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as
well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also
accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills,
abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and
culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to
purchasers, contracted providers and vendors. Basic Qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited Practical Nursing program and
licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of Colorado and
completed a minimum of 400 clock hours of faculty planned clinical
experience and guided learning activities which required direct
supervision by faculty, associate nursing instructional personnel
(ANIP) or preceptor who is physically present or immediately
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Practical Nurse License (Colorado) Additional
- Demonstrated customer service focus and exemplary service
- I.V. therapy certification may be required for some positions.
- BLS preferred and is required for some specialties.
- Six (6) months of experience with adults, pediatrics and/or
trauma preferred.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed &
Keywords: Kaiser, Denver , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Watkins, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...