Manager Environment, Health and Safety
Posted on: March 19, 2023
In this role, the Environment, Health and Safety Manager will
lead, plan, and manage programs for Labcorp to assure safe,
compliant, and reliable operations. The EHS Leader plays a key role
and works directly with each locations leadership teams. He/She
must have a strong ability to influence employees, set direction
and vision, and provide support to all levels within the
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversees EHS operations for 1 or more Labcorp locations that
may include Laboratories, Patient Service Centers, In Office
Phlebotomists, Branches, or Stat labs within a business unit within
an assigned region.
- Manage and administer environmental, health, and safety
programs to meet regulatory requirements, corporate initiatives,
and company objectives.
- Implement strategies to effectively assess and prevent
applicable EHS related risks (waste management, fire protection,
infectious disease, etc.).
- Acts as the technical lead for all aspects of industrial
hygiene, biosafety, laboratory safety, occupational health,
chemical management, and waste management.
- Ensures that sites have accurately characterized waste streams
and are managing programs in a safe responsible and compliant
- Partner with site management to ensure applicable EHS related
goals (accident rates, training participation, etc.) and regulatory
requirements (assessments, plans, training, etc.) are
- May lead EHS Committee and Team activities, such as department
safety teams, emergency response team, etc.
- Manages incident investigations and report EHS-related
(injuries/illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS
action items) information into the Company's EHS management
- Ensure medical care is provided to work related injuries and
illnesses and manage worker's compensation cases, where
- Respond to site EHS related emergency situations, including
fires, explosions, chemical release, medical, etc.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and deliver (as necessary) an
effective and compliant EHS training program.
- Monitor EHS related regulatory developments and determine
applicability to the site.
- Initiate, establish and cultivate mutually beneficial
relationships with internal and external clients by communicating
and influencing effectively at multiple levels of the organization
to achieve results.
- Act as the liaison between Labcorp and regulatory authorities
during site inspections.
- Partner with Facilities, and other groups to ensure site
construction/renovation activities incorporate EHS related
- Work with contracted insurance agencies to continually improve
EHS programs via hosting inspections and implementing
- Conduct routine site audits and reviews to identify systemic
EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement
solutions to sustain compliance with regulatory and LabCorp
requirements. Ensure the timely correction of findings.
- Participate in corporate lead EHS projects.
- May function as a member or leader of Corporate EHS audit
- Assist in Client, and regulatory inspections as requested.
- Depending on and complexity of a location EHS Manager may
manage employees, consultants, and contractors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 3 years minimum of applied professional EHS work
- EHS experience; in a laboratory setting or demonstrated
expertise in industrial hygiene, biosafety, chemical and waste
- A Professional certification, such as Certified Industrial
Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional is preferred
- 3 years minimum experience of leading people or managing
- Experience in providing EHS leadership to multiple locations
within the USA.
- Bachelor's degree in science or technical field
- Estimated 20 % of time will be spent traveling to locations
within assigned region.
- Ability to simultaneously manage objectives that support EHS
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in team
- Ability to influence diverse teams.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental,
health, safety and security inspections and reporting.
- Commitment and engagement through high level of work ethic and
utilization of abilities for the best of the company.
- Must be able to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Responsible for demonstrating key leadership principles to
drive successful team outcomes such as:
- Creating an inclusive and trusted environment where
collaboration and communication are key.
- Intentionally seeking and incorporating a variety of diverse
perspectives to solve business challenges
- Coaching and providing value-added feedback and development
opportunities for team members
- Creating a culture of accountability through communication of
clear expectations and high performance standards
Pay Range: $75,000-$105,000 Benefits: All job offers will be based
on a candidate's skills and prior relevant experience, applicable
degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data.
Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours
per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off
(PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus
where applicable. For more detailed information, please click here
. Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Denver , Manager Environment, Health and Safety, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...