Company: Urology Associates PC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Urology Associates was founded more than 30 years ago to offer
exceptional and innovative urologic care to the Denver metro area
and our home state of Colorado. As we've grown, we have taken great
care to find physicians and staff who are equally committed to the
art of medicine and the best in patient care. -Urology Associates
offers an amazing benefit package to include medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and so
much more. If you are eager to join an amazing team of individuals
apply now! -Pay Range: $16-$21 an hour -Overview
- Act as a patient advocate by ensuring that the patient's
prescribed drug therapy is followed as prescribed
- Meet patients' medical, social, and personal needs related to
their pharmacy care plan
- Coordinate patients' prescribed pharmacy care with their
healthcare providers to ensure that drug therapy is successful
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve them
- Understand the various challenges of specific diseases.
- Coordinates authorizations with third parties and ensures
medications are ordered for patient treatments
- Assist patients with their drug therapy and pharmacy care
- Process new and refill prescriptions
- Informs patient and appropriate others as to financial
requirements and assistance options
- Promote patients' drug compliance.
- Report all drug adverse events.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient,
insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other
- Accept the full responsibility for the patient's pharmacy care
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of
the healthcare team.
- Maintain current notes and paperwork related to the patient's
drug therapy and pharmacy care plan
- Coordinate responses and resolutions with appropriate internal
and external parties.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner that is consistent with
corporate policies as well as state and federal laws Requirements
- Accurate data entry skills
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to effectively present information to the patient and in
small group situations
- Dedicated to excellence and quality
- Able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals
- Strong interpersonal and "people" skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure; this may include using whole numbers, common fractions,
and decimals and being able to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Stand for long periods.
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold,
grasp or turn objects with hands.
- Perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by
touching with fingertips.
- Lift and push or pull up to 10 pounds.
- See objects at close vision and be able to identify and
distinguish colors. Other skills and abilities include:
- Be at least 18 years of age (or as required by state law).
- Have typing skills of at least 30 wpm.
- Maintain information confidentialityAdministrative
Responsibilities: Oversee the day to day operations of the IOD.
Perform responsibilities independently under the supervision of the
Pharmacy Physician in Charge. Ensure the IOD operations are
compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
-Maintain and ensure compliance with IOD accreditation rules and
regulations. Assist in making strategic decisions about how to
improve the pharmacy's performance over time. Detailed and precise
documentation of daily pharmacy operations.Daily Responsibilities:
Accurately enter and process prescriptions. Accurately select and
dispense oncology medications. Trouble shoot and resolve insurance
issues. Assist with prior authorizations. Aid patients with
financial assistance programs. Organize and maintain medication and
supply inventories.Patient care: Reviewing patient records to
ensure that medications are taken properly. Regular communication
with patients regarding medication compliance and proper
administration of medications. Developing strong relationships with
patients and their families. Able to educate patients about their
prescription benefits and financial aid opportunities.Qualities:
Must be able to perform multiple tasks at once while still paying
close attention to detail. Able to communicate effectively with
patients, nursing staff, suppliers, and pharmaceutical reps. Strong
problem-solving and critical thinking skills to ensure pharmacy is
working efficiently and effectively. Keen observation and pattern
recognition. Able to receive instruction, learn quickly and adapt
to change. -
Keywords: Urology Associates PC, Denver , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!