Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Social
Worker. This position is accountable for identifying the social,
psychological, spiritual and emotional strengths and needs of
residents and the provision of services to meet such needs for all
residents on assigned units, thus alleviating the trauma associated
with nursing home placement. This position has the responsibility
for assuring compliance with the Resident's Bill of Rights, the
Patient's Self-Determination Act as well as meeting the
requirements of the State and Federal regulations and facility
policies and procedures on a continuing basis. This position
cooperates with other facility disciplines in the carrying out of
responsibilities and assuring that the needs of the residents are
being met in a pleasant working atmosphere.In this role, the Social
- Assess the psycho-social strengths and needs of residents on
the unit to which the social worker is assigned. Develop and
maintain a social history, which becomes a part of the resident's
permanent medical record.
- Provide intensive and/or continuing counseling services to
residents and families on assigned nursing unit during the
adjustment period of placement and thereafter as needed. Assist in
orientation of families to the facility.
- Attend and facilitate family conferences, discharge conferences
and patient care conferences.
- Maintain an awareness of community resources. Act as a liaison
with social, health and community agencies. Coordinate discharge
planning, transfers and room changes of residents for whom it is
- Serve as an advocate for residents, including those instances
in which appointment of a legal conservator, guardian, durable
power of attorney or trustee is appropriate.
- Complete required documentation, including MDS and quarterly
- Serve as a member of the admissions committee. Participate in
other committees and attend meetings, which have a direct impact on
quality care for residents.
- Assist as needed in marketing the facility to prospective
residents, their families and the community at large. Maintain
communication and positive working relationships with referral
sources. Demonstrate an attitude of customer service in all
- Develop and facilitate education/support groups as
- Complete necessary social service paperwork on admission and/or
as needed, i.e. PSDA.Residents Bill of Rights, facility policies
and electronic submission of MDS data, etc.
- Provide in-service education on PSDA requirements advance
directives, resident's rights, etc.The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a related Human Services
- License as a Social Worker in the State, preferred.
- Genuine interest and concern for senior adults and who supports
the overall mission of Covenant Living Communities.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) in English with
residents, families and staff.
- Experience in working directly with individuals in a medically
related field with long-term care experience, preferred.
- A warm, outgoing personality who is able to establish and
maintain effective relationships, is sensitive to people and their
needs, is non-judgmental and able to accept people of all races,
cultures, creeds and ethnic groups.
- Ability to promote the continued growth and development of each
person to their full potential.
- Ability to organize work and follow through on assigned duties
and responsibilities with minimal supervision. Must be Ability to
work within standard policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow all regulatory and corporate policies
related to confidentiality of the resident's medical, financial and
personal information.Pay Range: $22.31 - $32.56For full time
employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Denver , Social Worker, Healthcare , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!