Medical Assistant- Urology
Company: Urology Associates PC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Urology Associates was founded more than 30 years ago to offer
exceptional and innovative urologic care to the Denver metro area
and our home state of Colorado. As we've grown, we have taken great
care to find physicians and staff who are equally committed to the
art of medicine and the best in patient care. -Urology Associates
offers an amazing benefit package to include medical, dental,
vision, 401k match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and so
much more. If you are eager to join an amazing team of individuals
apply now! -$2,000 sign on bonus!Purpose: -To coordinate and
monitor care of patients in the assigned clinical area. This
position also has compliance accountability and/or responsibility
for Urology Associate's policies and procedures, the Principles of
Responsibility, accreditation standards (if applicable), and
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well
as, proper use of Urology Associate's Personal Computer (PC) and
applications. -We have three locations -in the Denver metro area
(Englewood, Littleton, Lonetree) to serve you and are affiliated
with five area hospitals. - -Schedule: -Four days a week
(Monday-Friday. NO WEEKENDS), 10-hour shifts. 6:30am-5:00pm or
7:00am-5:30am.Pay: -$17-25 an hour depending on
experience.Benefits: -Competitive benefit package to include 401k
- Practice Standard Precautions, including hand-washing and
disposal of bio hazardous materials
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection
- Perform sterilization techniques.
- Comply with quality assurance practices.
- Collect and process specimens.
- Perform CLIA waived/non-waived tests
- Perform EKG's
- Set up lab, procedure and examination rooms daily.
- Collect, log, use microscope and spin urines.
- Prepare urine for cultures, PCA3's and cytology.
- Keep patient rooms stocked with supplies and medication
- Autoclave all necessary instruments.
- Keep logs of all tests ordered.
- Run lab controls daily.
- Print lab orders.
- Distribute lab results, reports, etc. to appropriate
- Set-up, assist other nurses and clean up for procedures:
- Cystoscopes - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hydrocele
- Stent Removal - - - - - - - - - - - Flow Rates/PVR
- Vasectomies - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - BCG, Intron A
- Fulguration - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cath
- Clean and disinfect lab and exam rooms.
- Use of proper grammar and appropriate language with all
- Assist the Clinical Manager, Practice Administrator and
Physician's with the orderly business operation as necessary,
including but not limited to assisting other employees as
- Answer phones in a timely manner, using appropriate telephone
- Conduct business in a professional manner at all times,
treating patients and coworkers with respect and dignity: mindful
to avoid the use of inappropriate language and behavior.
- Provide ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment and
adequate emergency drug supplies. Respond to emergency situations
throughout medical facility. Document emergency situation to
- Implement patient teaching plans for areas of prostate cancer,
kidney stones, BPH, infertility, and other areas as
- Act as patient advocate and resolve patient problems. Bring
unresolved issues to Clinical Supervisors attention.
- Perform other related duties as directed.Preferred Skills: -
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant for Urology.
- Exceptional customer service, highly motivated, and able to
work in a fast pace environment.Urology Associates is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Keywords: Urology Associates PC, Denver , Medical Assistant- Urology, Healthcare , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!