RN - Inpatient- Nights PRN
Company: The Denver Hospice
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a RN - PRN at
the Inpatient Care Center.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
SCHEDULE: 4 Shifts/month- Could work any day of the week depending
on needs - Nights
HOURLY PAY RANGE: $38.56 - $43.44
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY:Based on position, schedule and/or availability:
Paid Mileage/Shift Diff/Stipends/Overtime
MILEAGE AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT:Maximum Allowable Federal Mileage
CULTURE, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We value diversity, equity and inclusion and know it matters
for our team members and our patients. We provide welcoming,
supportive and inclusive care to our patients and a work
environment where all team members feel respected and
- We support a culture of work-life balance and provide team
members with two, free, confidential and robust benefit programs
designed to provide solutions to the logistical and financial
problems that arise in life.
- Low healthcare premiums: no increases in five out of the last
seven years, including 2023
- Employer pays over 90% of employee medical premium in some
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with significant Employer Funding:
Single $1,000, Family $2,000
- Healthcare Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month
following date of hire
- Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO/Vacation Pay/Sick Leave) and EIB
(Extended Illness Bank): accrued
- Seven Paid Holidays with an additional Floating
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match: 50% match up to 8%
of total compensation
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Career & Logo wear
- Company-Paid Costco Membership
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Clinical Career Ladders
- Certification Pay
- Generous Discover-a-Star Team Member Referral Program
- Robust Team Member Service Awards
- Early Wage Access
- Legal and Identity Protection
REWARDING WORK YOU WILL DO:
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in
accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping
within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN
is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients
(neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC).
Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve
goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care;
participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating
with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding
hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific
tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education,
team training, staff/board committees and orientation of
- Understands the acute care needs of patients admitted to the
Inpatient/Critical Care Units.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and admissions processes
for newly admitted patients.
- Manages customer service needs that are unique to a care
WHAT WE WILL LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in
hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health,
oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado
state driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
- Current CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and
Pikes Peak affiliates). CPR must be provided and/or obtained within
14 days of hire.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated withCare Synergy, a nonprofit
network of community-based hospice and palliative care
organizations serving Colorado's Front Range and the Region's
Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care NetworkCare
Synergy provides mission support services to better equipThe Denver
Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while
working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans
along the Front Range.
If you need assistance completing the electronic application please
contact our Talent Acquisition team via email at
email@example.com. You may also call the Human
Resources Department at (303) 228-5647. Applications can be
completed in-person at any one of our affiliate office
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities
or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation/identity, transgender status, pregnancy, creed,
ancestry, genetic information, marital status, military status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment
based on any of these protected classifications.
Keywords: The Denver Hospice, Denver , RN - Inpatient- Nights PRN, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!