Paramedic EMT Basic
Company: Denver Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Summary:Under general supervision, attends to patients being
transported to and from the hospital. Provides inter-facility
patient transfers and responds to 911 field calls. Identifies,
assesses, and transports public inebriates. Safely operates
department vehicles in emergency and non-emergency modes. Provides
support functions for the Paramedic Division.Knowledge, Skills &
- Knowledge of emergency treatment and safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Denver Metropolitan EMT-Basic
Protocols and Paramedic Division's BLS Policy.
- Skill in determining needs in changing environments.
- Able to speak with a clear, articulate voice over the
- Ability to identify hazards.
- Ability to complete appropriate patient and daily activity
- Ability to appear in court when necessary.
- Ability to use appropriate and low impact means of
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle, to use radio
communications equipment and procedures, and to document patient
contacts using written and computer patient care
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.Experience:
- One year Health care and/or ambulance experience
- Possession of a current Colorado Emergency Medical
Technician-Basic (EMT-B) Certificate issued by the State of
- IV Certification required.
- Possession of a valid Colorado Class R Drivers License
required.Location: Main campusShift: VariesWork Type: Full timePay
Range:Minimum: 19.23Midpoint: 22.60Maximum: 25.96All job applicants
for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug
test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.Denver
Health is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system
considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma
Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency
medical response system, 10 family health centers, 18 school-based
health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison and Safety, a Public Health
department, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.As Colorado's
primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a
mission-driven organization that has provided billions in
uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an
Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and
purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community
needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000
children a year.Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just
minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities
Denver has to offer.We strongly support diversity in the workforce
and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).Denver
Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment
opportunities to all applicants and employees. As an EOE, Denver
Health does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: Denver Health, Denver , Paramedic EMT Basic, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!