Bilingual School-based Lifespan Therapist
Company: Mental Health Center of Denver
Posted on: November 23, 2021
EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: -Mental Health Center of Denver
provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career
in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the
diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we
serve in everything we do. COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS:
-The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by
diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in
our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our
organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment,
transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. - COMMITMENT TO PAY EQUITY: -Mental Health Center of Denver
is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on
relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and
certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the
principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within
defined hiring salary ranges. - We ask all applicants to carefully
review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as
we will not hire outside the predetermined range. BENEFITS
STATEMENT: -All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be
eligible for MHCD's benefits plan. For a full description of
benefit offerings, please visit: -. COVID VACCINATION NOTICE: Under
the COVID-19 mandate issued by the Denver Department of Public
Health and Environment on August 2, 2021, current MHCD personnel
must be fully vaccinated, or be approved for exemption, no later
than September 30, 2021. "Fully vaccinated" means two weeks (14
days) after receiving the final dose of vaccine. The "final dose"
is the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or the
single dose of a one dose vaccine (J&J). - Learn what it is
like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver: - SALARY RANGE:
Mental Health Therapist II (Master's-level) - $22.00/hr - $26.42/hr
LCSW/LPC/LMFT: $26.35/hr - $31.59/hr Spanish Differential: $2.50/hr
- POSITION SUMMARY: -This is a full time 12-month adult
self-sufficiency program based on the that is located at -John H.
Amesse Elementary in the far Northeast Denver and at Johnson
Elementary in Southwest Denver . The program model is based on best
practices to bring wraparound supports for social-emotional
stability to both students and families. - Ongoing partnership
meetings with FACE center managers address the hardest to meet
barriers to ensure long-term family stability. The qualified
applicant will have at least 4 years of mental health therapy
provision experience in working with the lifespan ages 6 through
adult. Bilingual English & Spanish proficiency required. ESSENTIAL
- Offer social-emotional supports for adults referred by FACE
Center and students whose situation is beyond what school staff can
address maintaining the 30% student capacity (the ratio of 30%
student services- 70% adult services).
- Provide psychological evaluations/problem identification,
crisis interventions, and individual, group, and/or family therapy
to assigned clients.
- Provide case management services to clients as needed or
assigned.Develop treatment plans; monitor treatment progress and
- Assist clients with psychological and social development, and
- Coordinate client's use of other MHCD programs and outside
- Coordinate medication/medicinal needs of clients with
psychiatrists, nurses, and other medical sources.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with
- Participate in team/department meetings, in-services, and
supervisory sessions as required.
- Perform 27-10 (M-1) "mental health hold" evaluations as
- Offer a culturally responsive integrated service model
utilizing multi-generation strategies to address individual and
- Programming addresses the hardest to meet barriers to ensure
long-term family stability
- Work collaboratively with FACE Center Manager when additional
family/student support is needed
- Services will be offered through collaborative service
agreements between Family and Community Engagement, FACE Center and
- Assist with increasing school success/positive outcomes for
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Perform other duties as assigned. - EDUCATION: Master's Degree
in social work, psychology, or similar field. Current license as a
LCSW/LPC/LMFT in the State of Colorado or the ability to become
licensed within 6 months. Bilingual English & Spanish proficiency
required. - EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four years' experience in
clinical social work. Experience working with moderate to severe
and persistently mentally ill populations. - SKILLS AND
- Knowledge or ability to learn and practice trauma informed
principles and practices.
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours which may be
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Bilingual English & Spanish proficiency required SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: - -None TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires
sitting, standing, bending and reaching. - May require lifting up
to 50 pounds. - - Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate
standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the
telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment. - - MACHINES
AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: -Computers, calculators, fax machines,
copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical
Keywords: Mental Health Center of Denver, Denver , Bilingual School-based Lifespan Therapist , Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!