Company: Swedish Medical Center
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Description SHIFT: Weekends Only
Hourly Wage Estimate: $19.54 - $29.31 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the
range.*Please note - the pay range for this position is $21.49 -
$32.24 -- *Schedule--will be Friday through Sunday, 7:00a - 7:30p
-- Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900
facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER---s, ambulatory
surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff
continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have
been named in IBM Watson Health---s top 100 best-performing
hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. --
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious
Radiology Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
potential here! Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA---s HealthONE,
is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud
member of the community for more than 110 years.
- An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish
cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately
2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400
- With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes,
Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region---s referral center for
the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state---s first
Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.--
- Swedish also serves as the region---s neurotrauma and
orthopedic trauma provider and is the area---s only level I trauma
facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center.--
- Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to
- Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care
and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every
medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart
care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics
and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver
care, gynecology and urology.--
- Additional information about the hospital is available at
www.SwedishHospital.com -- The Radiology Tech conducts radiologic
procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include: --
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated
portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in
the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing
computerized documentation systems.--
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in
performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation
to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. We offer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity. -- If you find this opportunity
compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all
applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of
our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today! -- We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. -- Qualifications
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification (R)
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical
- Current BLS Certification from AHA or ARC
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 lbs. Notice Our Company---s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking--here. For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Swedish Medical Center, Denver , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!