ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR, HOSPICE
Company: Lifebridge Health, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Carroll Hospice, a LifeBridge Health Partner: Westminster,
Randallstown & Baltimore MD - Part Time Associate Medical Director
Opportunity For more than 30 years, Carroll Hospice has served
people with life-limiting, progressive illnesses in the Carroll
County community and surrounding areas. Recently, Carroll Hospice
has expanded its services across the LifeBridge Health continuum of
care and is now searching for a part-time Associate Medical
Director to join our current full-time Medical Director in the care
of our hospice patients. This is an excellent opportunity for a
physician with advanced knowledge and skills in the specialty area
of hospice and palliative care medicine. Desired Candidate:
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Interdisciplinary
Group (IDG) meetings, providing clinical leadership guidance and
medical expertise to the other members of the IDG.
- Certify and recertify, as required, patient eligibility for
hospice care, taking into consideration all relevant facts,
including but not limited to the diagnosis of the terminal
condition, other health conditions, whether related or unrelated to
the terminal condition, and current clinically relevant information
supporting all diagnoses. and provide expertise in the selection of
data elements that are clinically relevant for the individual
patient to document progression of disease.
- Complete required narrative for certificates of terminal
- Prior to a patient's third and subsequent re-certifications,
ensure that clinical findings support continued eligibility for
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing
revision of an initial and subsequent comprehensive plan of care
("POC") for each patient, including interventions to manage pain
and symptoms, any drugs and/or treatment necessary to meet the
needs of the patient, and assist in establishing measurable
outcomes for each patient based on the patient's care plan needs
and in accordance to the patient's bill of rights.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of all patient care
services personally provided.
- Assume responsibility for medical care of patients receiving
hospice care in conjunction with the attending physician and IDG,
including providing for the general medical needs of patients to
the extent such needs are not met, in whole or in part, by the
attending physician, including, for example, writing prescriptions
(including for controlled substances) and signing death
- Review medication regimens of patients for effectiveness of
drug therapy, drug side effects, actual or potential drug
interactions, duplicate drug therapy, and drug therapy currently
associated with laboratory monitoring, and assist the IDG to define
and measure meaningful outcomes to assess effectiveness of
interventions and medications.
- Participate in call coverage for the Hospice Program to include
once daily rounding on an Inpatient Unit. Participate in physician
services to Carroll Hospice for routine and emergency situations 24
hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Confer with and advise management and staff on complex care
issues or concerns involving a POC, and, as needed, contact the
attending physician to resolve conflicting patient care
- Responsible for optimizing the comfort and dignity of each
patient and providing care that is consistent with patient and
family needs and goals.
- Serve as the physician designee in the absence of the Medical
- Other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time by
the Medical Director or a designee.
- Competitive annual stipend with additional compensation
provided for call coverage.
- Eligibility for health benefits
- Medical malpractice insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- Professional Dues Carroll Hospice is accredited by the
Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP). CHAP accreditation
publicly certifies that an organization has voluntarily met the
highest standards of excellence for home and/or community-based
health care. Carroll Hospice is a member of:
- Hospice and Palliative Care Network of Maryland
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization Join Our
Talent Community! Think you might be a good fit, but not ready to
apply yet? Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job
search and application process.
Keywords: Lifebridge Health, Inc., Denver , ASSOCIATE MEDICAL DIRECTOR, HOSPICE, Healthcare , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!