Registered Nurse Blood Cancer Unit
Company: Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $27.00 - $35.20/Hour
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of
candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
salary may include your specific skills, how many years of
experience you have and comparison to other employees already in
this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the
To learn more about the employee benefits that are available
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you
enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment?
Jump-start your career in our Hematology Oncology Department.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, we offer an array
of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Hematology Oncology Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the
Position Summary:- :- This position supports the mission of
Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing quality of life
of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on
medical needs to the needs of the whole person.
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Hematology
Oncology Registered Nurse with us:
- You oversee and directs the care of the patient with
- Responsible for the care of medical and surgical patients.-
Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all
disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.-
- Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel,
maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned
- Within the first year you will have gained basic clinical
knowledge and skills of caring for hematology/oncology patients.-
When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital
for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be
reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers,
patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way
we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare
team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and
What qualifications you will need:
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered
Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN
- ONS chemotherapy provider card required within the first 9
months of hire. If the staff member is PRN, they will not be
required to have ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card because they will
not have enough exposure to chemotherapy/biotherapy to maintain
competency in this area.
- One year experience in an acute care setting is
- ACLS and ONS certification preferred.
At Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center we understand that hiring
excellent nurses and providing them with the support they need
ensures patient-centered care. For more than 135 years,
Presbyterian/St. Luke's (P/SL) has been meeting the healthcare
needs of patients and their families. Located in the Uptown
neighborhood in Denver, CO, we provide the most advanced care for
patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud
to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide
range of medical services for patients of all
ages.-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center has 680 beds and a
staff of 1,500 employees. The hospital has many buildings that are
newly constructed, although parts of the original cross-shaped
building, dating from the 1940s, are still visible.
Why choose Presbyterian/St. Luke's?
- P/SL is one of the largest hospitals in Colorado.
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver's largest healthcare
- Over 80 specialties and 1,000 specialists and primary care
- Three Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission
on Cancer (CoC)
- The Joint Commission Accreditation
- Dedicated to patient safety and the Joint Commission's "Speak
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is
reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates
will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!-
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center, Denver , Registered Nurse Blood Cancer Unit, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!