Registered Nurse House Supervisor
Company: West Pines, Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted on: February 22, 2021
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a
House Supervisor. Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in
the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues
feel it in your support. You're equally comfortable with day-to-day
operational leadership, quality improvement initiatives, and human
resources management. You're great at what you do, but you want to
be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while
individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible. Us. Saint
Joseph Hospital --is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit
healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our
365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and
has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for
nursing excellence - Magnet designation - by the ANCC. We are proud
to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor,
the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community
roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in
Colorado. Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you
and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and
vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it
encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we've
launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health.
Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools,
tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also
offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We.
Together we'll align mission and careers, values and workplace.
We'll honor each other's dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We'll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We'll laugh at each other's jokes (even the bad ones). We'll hello
and high five. We'll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value
of spirituality in healing. We're proud of what we know, which
includes how much there is to learn. As a House Supervisor you need
to know how to:
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning
- Assist the nursing management to recruit and hire nursing
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance
evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with
other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate
policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation
requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct
report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences
and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in
facility quality improvement and safety programs. Your experience.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which
is why we require:
- ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain
your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire
unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven
continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting,
- Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability
to obtain Colorado RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart
Association or the ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire
(with prior approval), required (ACLS/NRP/PALS as appropriate for
unit or service)
- At least three (3) years of nursing experience in a comparable
setting, preferred Your next move. Now that you know more about
being a House Supervisor on our team we hope you'll join us. At SCL
Health you'll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and
why you were called to it in the first place. During one of my
shifts, I was caring for a patient that was anxious. I kne---
Blanca Registered Nurse SCL Health is an equal opportunity
employer. All recruiting, training, and employment decisions are
made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion,
age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status, or any other
legally protected status. NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION Our
facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of
race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or
access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or
activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and
activities. Read the full notice:
Keywords: West Pines, Wheat Ridge, CO, Denver , Registered Nurse House Supervisor, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!