Company: The Denver Hospice
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Denver Hospice is looking for an experienced Registered
Nurse to assist with patient admissions into our hospice
Location: Denver, COStatus: Full-TimeSchedule: TBD
Hourly Pay Range: $31.49 (min) $37.00 (mid) $42.51 (max)
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education,
experience and equity within a position; they are typically brought
in no higher than midpoint.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: FTBE - Regular Full Time benefit eligible
employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance - Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability - Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse,
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave - Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides assessment, supportive care and education to prospective
patients and families regarding hospice services. Determines
hospice appropriateness of the patient; assists in admitting
patients to the hospice program. Acts as a liaison with assigned
hospitals, facilities and physicians.
- Assesses and counsels the patients and families during the
initial interviews to properly determine the level of care as well
as the physical and psychosocial needs of the prospective patient.
Accurately gathers information and data, reviews charts, and
records information. Provides education on hospice
- Efficiently and accurately completes all admission paperwork
and initiates the clinical record through the EMR process
demonstrating knowledge of the admission protocol.
- Assesses and places orders for immediate medication needs.
Oversees the placement orders for durable medical equipment,
supplies and oxygen as needed.
- Consults with staff of hospital, skilled nursing facility (SNF)
or Assisted Living Facility (ALF) to determine discharge orders and
to facilitate discharge to home, SNF or other residence. Interfaces
with referring physicians, nurses, ancillary providers and
discharge planners to facilitate a well-coordinated transition into
hospice for patients and families.
- Communicates pertinent patient/family information to the
interdisciplinary team and follows through to facilitate a smooth
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in hospice and/or
palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute
care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN licensure. Valid Colorado
State driver's license and auto insurance.
- CPR certification required
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities
or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed,
ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual
orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on
any of these protected classifications.---- ---- ----
The Denver Hospice is the region's leading, largest and most
trusted not-for-profit provider of life-enhancing hospice and
palliative care. We offer more expertise, more resources and a more
complete continuum of compassionate care to patients facing
life-limiting illnesses and end-of-life transition.
In 1978, our founders, Carolyn Jaffe, RN and Peter Van Arsdale,
PhD, recognized the need for comprehensive, expert and
collaborative care for those facing aging, serious illness and
grief. They assisted us in securing initial funding and laying the
ground work for us to become what we are today - a
nationally-recognized, best-practice model. Our personalized care
supports mind, body and spirit, giving our patients and their
families control over their lives with dignity, joy and
unparalleled experience and support.
Who We Serve
We serve more than 4,000 hospice and 1,200 palliative care patients
and their families every year throughout nine Denver counties. Our
interdisciplinary team of experts provide care in our patients'
homes, our state-of-the-art inpatient care center, retirement
communities, skilled nursing homes and other locations where our
skills are needed.
Keywords: The Denver Hospice, Denver , RN Admissions, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!