Registered Nurse Patient Coordinator
Posted on: November 23, 2020
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a role to utilize yourHouse Supervisor,
Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience thatgoes
beyond the bedside? Are you lookingfor a company that places
integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCAHealthcare, our
everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today andjoin a
team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over
31.2million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states
including the UK.We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has
continually, been named one ofEthisphere s most ethical company s
in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spentan estimated $3.3
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Weoffer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employeeinclude Medical, Dental and
VisionInsurance, Medical and Childcare FlexSpending Accounts, Life
and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave,
ClinicalCertification Support, TuitionReimbursement, 401k
withCorporate Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee
DiscountProgram and Identity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that investsin you. We are actively
reviewingapplications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted, promptly forinterviews. Submit your application and help
us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Centerteams are committed to providing streamlined
access to the right facility atthe right time for every patient,
every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our
effortsto better our community.
Intrigued? CLICK HERE to learnmore!
TheHCA AccessHealthONE TransferCenter handles the patient movement
and logistics for eighteen HCA hospitals andfree-standing emergency
rooms across a nine state region including Colorado, Kansas,
Wyoming,Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas, Montana, South Dakota, North
Dakota. Located inAurora, Colorado, ourmission is to assist in the
clinical placement and movement of criticalpatients both into and
out of our facilities providing timely access to carefor our
patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center
isstaffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate
betweenphysicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care
settings to coordinatethe timely movement of high acuity patients
such as STEMI, stroke, trauma,neonatal care, and so forth. Our team
is committed to the care andimprovement of human life; impacting
over 44,000 patients annually through support tohospital staff both
for our HCA facilities and other facilities locally or inoutlying
markets. At the HCA Transfer Center, we also assist in
arrangingtransportation services when needed through connection
with ground and airservices. Our goal is to provide comprehensive
solutions that allowhealth care providers the ability to stay at
the bedside with the patient whilewe assist in locating placement,
transport, and other needed logistics forgetting this patient the
access to care that they need.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions andhospital
transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Divisionhospitals
to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call
center;respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic
database of serviceprofiles, approved clinical protocols and
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospitaltransfers.
Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues,needs
and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage allinternal
and external patient movements and the allocation of
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education
andexperience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data
to ensureappropriate placement, transfer facilitation,
communication, and accuratedocumentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintainingcommunication
with all parties including but not limited toattending/accepting MD
and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities ifplacement
of a specific patient will be problematic. Use
problem-solvingskills to determine the best course of action, which
will be satisfactoryto the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking andacquired
knowledge to assess situations and improve
departmentdecision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking allhospital
transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, andanalyzing
of transfer problems for the purpose of developing andimplementing
protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, andutilize
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuringappropriate
patient admissions and exceptional consumer experience
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skillsincluding
telephone and personal contact with all of the call center
scustomer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses,
vendorsand fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness andknowledge
of participating HCA hospital s medical staff, services andspecial
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communicationwith
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conductphilosophy, and
Mission and Value Statement. What Sets Us Apart ?
"Ienjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant
learning! There isnever a dull shift and it s truly a great team to
"Workingat the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for
over a decade,this is the best place I have ever worked. Management
is fantastic. Ileave on time every day, and I still get to use my
critical thinking skills ina Nursing capacity. We are like a little
family here, everyoneworks together to get things done. It s
Education and Requirements :
- Graduate from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Minimum 5 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor s degree in nursing
- 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or
House Supervisor experience Helpful Experience:
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including
diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional
- Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate,
assess and take action
- Ability to function calmly in stressful situations
- Knowledge of Division hospital services lines and clinical
- Basic typing skills, 35 Word Per Minute
- Knowledge of Computer Software; Meditech, Tele-Tracking,
Central Logic, Bed Management, Microsoft Office, Internet searches
and relevant Data Base s
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the
- Ability to analyze information of a complex nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow
through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer
relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting
and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external
- Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
- Customer service oriented We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: domiciliary, infusion, intensive, nurse
clinical, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgical, tcu,
Keywords: HealthONE, Denver , Registered Nurse Patient Coordinator, Healthcare , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!