Case Manager for SUD Services-Bachelor's level
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Posted on: November 11, 2019
To provide caseload support for SUD Co-occurring Clinicians,
including case management and/or care coordination, documentation,
collateral contacts and outreach to Medicaid or self-pay clients
with substance use disorders, ages 18-59.
Job Specific Competencies/Duties:
* Engages consumers, appropriate family members, and significant
others as requested and consented to by client, in the
strength-based and trauma-informed treatment process and
goal-setting. Identifies risk factors including lethality. Works
constructively with consumers to reach agreed upon outcomes, and
coordinates care with internal and external providers. Maintains
appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate
follow-up for consumers.
* Complete substance use screening and assessments, and initial
engagement strategies with consumers in accordance with clinical
practice guidelines and agency policies
* Participate in Evidenced Based Practices and other agency
initiatives (MI, PCOMS, CBT, Trauma Informed Care, etc).
* Assist other SUD Clinicians in the care coordination and case
management of clients, as needed.
* Knowledgeable about Jefferson Center and community resources and
builds relationships with providers to assist in a seamless
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional
* Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by
the Network Director through effective caseload management
responsive to the level of ongoing clinical need.
* Attends mandatory in-services; compliance with individualized
training plan if required.
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda.
Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving
approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and
interval agreed upon with supervisor.
* Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in
accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical
* Submits 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working
* Completes 95% of all paperwork by the due date (CCARS and Service
* Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by
Network Director. Monitors client balances and takes appropriate
steps in accordance with agency guidelines for collecting payment,
rescheduling appointments until a fee is paid and/or a payment plan
is in place, adjusting fees as needed.
* Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact,
210 days for meds only.
* Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers,
peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and
* Effectively responds to the client/consumer needs and problems,
initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to
phone calls, email and other requests.
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills to develop therapeutic alliance
with consumers and to work effectively and with cultural competence
with consumers from diverse backgrounds.
* Participates in staff development activities to enhance
* Addresses the whole health needs of the client by ensuring that
appropriate releases are in place for physical health care
providers, making appropriate referrals as needed when significant
physical health needs are a consideration.
* Assesses and treats individuals with various disorders within the
scope of one's expertise.
* Utilizes a range of appropriate clinical and recovery focused
interventions according to clinical need, or refers as indicated,
to trauma specific treatment, wellness classes/coaching,
co-occurring/substance use services, and employment services.
* Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the
people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with
the recovery process and reduces the possibility of
* Participate in the Center's training/educational programs
designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the
impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
* Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of
trauma informed care.
* Attends the monthly CAC business meetings in order to stay
abreast of regulations and policies governing substance abuse
* Participate in CAC group supervision per OBH regulations. CAC II,
2 hours each month, CAC III or LAC one hour each month.
* Completes required paperwork for substance use treatment licenses
and billing to Medicaid and other funding sources, including
Substance Abuse ROI, Substance Use Assessment, Infectious Disease
Acknowledgment Statement, Out-of-State Offender Questionnaire, ASAM
Level of Care and Placement Criteria and DACOD's.
* Endorse the Center's belief that drug testing can be an effective
therapeutic tool as it can serve as a deterrent to substance use, a
safety measure for prescribing psychotropic medications and provide
support to the client to increase the likelihood of successful
abstinence. All CAC clinicians will include random or point-in-time
urine drug testing (UDT) as a part of the co-occurring services
offered here at the Center. SUD Intake clinicians will referral all
SUD clients for Point-In-Time/Baseline UDT upon intake.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in
related field required
* CAC II preferred
* Two or more years related experience and/or training.
* Bilingual preferred
* Skills or experience in integrated health approaches
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Case Manager for SUD Services-Bachelor's level, Executive , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!