Traveling Maintenance Manager
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Traveling Maintenance Manager Do you enjoy complex problem solving?
Do you thrive under pressure? Aimco is hiring a Traveling
Maintenance Manager who will support our apartment communities
throughout the United States. This position will travel up to 75%
of the year/3 weeks per month. Our Traveling Senior Maintenance
Manager must be creative, responsive, flexible, and able to work in
a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This role requires exceptional
conflict resolution and strong human relations skills. Our
Traveling Maintenance Manager will provide coverage and support to
our communities with vacant Maintenance Manager positions. They
will also provide service and managerial support to our communities
with essential and time-sensitive hardships. This position will
serve as the subject matter expert on all maintenance trades,
including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and appliance
repair. Essential Functions:
- Required to Travel 75% of the time.
- Accessible to large Airport for Travel
- Must be able to work independently
- May serve as the acting service manager wherever/ whenever
assigned and provide the standard operational support required of
Aimco's Service Managers.
- May provide regional oversight of all aspects of the service
management of multiple communities as assigned including
profitability and financial direction; budget and forecast
preparation; outreach and marketing; training and supervision of
- Provide support to the Regional Offices in supporting the
operations for properties assigned.
- Assist Property Managers, Service Managers, Regional Property
Managers, Area Service Managers, Directors of Service & Quality and
Directors of Operations in the completion of action plans required
as the result of an audit.
- Expert knowledge in all maintenance trades. Without direction,
manages all aspects of property maintenance which includes vendor
relationships, service staff, and resident service requests.
Develops or updates preventative maintenance program for the site.
Ensures Service Technicians apply proficient skills to complete
tasks in a professional manner. Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years in Community Operations and direct Service
Management experience. Qualifications:
- This manager will have a proven track record in managing large
properties, be a motivator, a good communicator, and a hands-on
- Must possess strong team building, coaching and training
skills, multiple site supervision experience and excellent customer
service background, a strong financial results orientation and a
demonstrated ability to enhance value at the community level.
- Proficient level understanding and experience in most
maintenance trades: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance Repair,
Carpentry, and Pool Operation.
- Previous vendor management and process management experience.
Benefits: Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages
designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual,
team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary
and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans (Starts the first
day of the month following 30 days of Employment)
- HVAC Certification Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Wellness and Sick Days
- Consumer discounts including Aimco apartment discounts and
- 401k and Employee stock purchase plans
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
Keywords: Aimco, Denver , Traveling Maintenance Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!