Company: J A Watts Inc
Posted on: July 14, 2019
J. A. Watts, Inc. is a leading professional services and general
contracting firm providing project management, programming, and
construction for public and private clients since 1999. Known for
our unmistakable culture of treating clients and employees like
family, weve built our reputation by developing long-term
relationships and providing an energetic, diverse and inclusive
workplace. We are a growing family that values people who are
innovative, respectful, committed to excellence, and looking to
develop their talents.This role is fully responsible for
understanding the overall project scope and managing all aspects of
assigned project including oversight of planning, design,
procurement, construction, closeout, stakeholder coordination,
scheduling, cost control, and quality functions. The Project
Manager shall lead by example and personify the Companys Mission,
Vision, and Values; taking ownership of their assigned project.
Individual Project Managers may be assigned a group of several
smaller projects or one large project to manage. Projects can be in
a variety of industries including aviation and construction.Duties
- Establish clear lines of reporting within the project and team
organization, as well as define clear roles and responsibilities
for the team members to increase efficiencies and to reduce
duplication of effort.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and
performance standards within boundaries of company policy and
- Ensure effective communication is always maintained within the
team structure and with Senior Management.
- Understand the JWI contract and the responsibilities
- Responsible for collaborating with clients, sub-consultants,
and contractors to define work procedures and resolve complaints
and construction problems.
- Manage project staff and j Investigate potential situations and
implement corrective measures as necessary. Develop contingency
plans in advance to mitigate potential risk.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of project contracts,
including labor, expenses and staffing projections, to protect the
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client at all
- Write technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained on a regular
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress,
costs and scheduling. Develop a preliminary project schedule;
coordinate schedule updates and distribute internally and
externally; receive, analyze and monitor the contractors schedule
for level of detail, accuracy and logic.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy
meetings. Schedule and lead job meetings. Assemble and distribute
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating
contractual service agreements. Prepare and negotiate revisions,
changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects,
consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provide guidance, direction, and oversight to junior level
Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time,
within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Produce and monitor punch list items; manage the close out
process to completion.
- Produce and review design plans, specifications, and cost
- Perform other duties as may be required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or
engineering, or equivalent work experience; EIT or Professional
Engineer a plus.
- 3-8 years of project management experience, preferably in
engineering, construction management, or program management;
experience in transportation, construction, or aviation industries
- General knowledge of contract management and
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational
skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities, work and
communicate effectively in a team environment to meet
- Active participation in industry organizations a plus.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project
management software.Direct ReportsManagement of Assistant Project
Manager in project tasksCompany Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and
family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability,
and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.EOE/AA:
Keywords: J A Watts Inc, Denver , Project Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!