Solution Director - Threat
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Company DescriptionAt Optiv, were on a mission to help our clients
make their businesses more secure. Were one of the fastest growing
companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, youll be inspired by a team of the brightest
business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate
champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best
solutions for our clients needs come from working hard together. As
part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important
work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our
industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you
will always have room to learn and grow. Were proud of our team and
the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected
world.Job DescriptionThe Technical Director should be a seasoned
veteran on technology consulting, platform selection,
implementation as well as leading teams and projects; must have
multiple successful implementations. This Director will be
responsible for mentoring and delivering technical teams that are
in-house, near-shore or offshore.
This individual will drive the technical relationship with our
partners by providing strategic leadership for the organization as
it relates to architecture, implementation and operational support
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide thought leadership internally and externally by writing
blog posts, articles, white papers or hosting webinars.
• Scout and suggest innovative marketing channels and tactics to
grow the business of our client
• Work with sales teams to deliver consultative conversations with
customers and operate as the tip of the spear for Optiv
• Architect solutions to ensure that the customer's risk
transformation requirements are met.
• Assist with development of cyber engagement plans for customers
which will enable them to execute upon strategies.
• Articulate conceptual, logical and physical solutions on the
behalf of Optiv for the development of a proposal
• Oversee and direct the delivery of security strategy execution as
part of a broader Enterprise or IS/IT Architecture which encompass
People, Process and Technology components.
• Undertake Threat, Vulnerability and Risk analysis
methodologies/techniques and the interpretation/application of
their output in the definition of Security Architectures.
• Recognized expert across multiple solution areas
• Able to deliver and lead other consultants in complex
• Comfortable leading discussions with Client executives on broad
as well as specific subject matter.
• Able to present to large groups. Speaks as an authority.
• Can handle difficult questions and consistently wins support from
• Ability to envision consulting approach and deliverables for new
areas of work for Optiv.
• Can modify and change methodologies as required.
• Broad awareness of the security/ technology space as a whole
• Establishes industry expertise through writing, speaking or
• Contributor to industry groups and/or publicationsQualifications·
Bachelor's degree and approximately 10-15 years of related work
· Approximately 8-10 years of technical architecture experience or
in-depth consulting and implementation experience
· High degree of business acumen
· Experience within more than one of the following Security
Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g.
SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA).
· High degree of knowledge of security concepts and methods such as
vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy
assessments, incident response, security policy creation,
enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
· Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating
system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security
technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application
programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
· Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance
issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection,
such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive,
International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy
Laws.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Optiv, Denver , Solution Director - Threat, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!