Sr Project Manager
Company: J A Watts Inc
Posted on: July 12, 2019
J. A. Watts, Inc. is a leading professional services and general
contracting firm providing project management, programming, and
construction for public and private clients since 1999. Known for
our unmistakable culture of treating clients and employees like
family, weve built our reputation by developing long-term
relationships and providing an energetic, diverse and inclusive
workplace. We are a growing family that values people who are
innovative, respectful, committed to excellence, and looking to
develop their talents.This role is responsible for understanding
the overall project/program scope and managing all aspects of the
assigned construction project at airports, including but not
limited to the design, procurement, construction flow, closeout,
stakeholder coordination, cost control, client satisfaction, team
performance, and quality functions. The Senior Project Manager
shall lead by example and personify the Companys Mission, Vision,
and Values; taking ownership of the assigned project located at
Denver International Airport.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for high level planning and programming analysis
work including preparation of technical documents, testing plans,
and proposals for large-scale airport construction projects.
- Establish and implement project objectives, policies,
procedures, roles and reporting structure, and performance
standards within boundaries of company policy and contract
- Collaborate with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to
define work procedures and resolve complaints and construction
- Act as the primary interface representing the client and lead
the project team through the entire project process.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy
meetings. Schedule and lead job meetings. meeting minutes.
- Ensure effective communication is always maintained within the
team structure and Senior Management.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress,
costs, and scheduling. Produce project schedule; coordinate
schedule updates and distribute internally and externally.
- Manage all financial aspects of project contract(s), including
labor, expenses and staffing projections, to protect companys
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client at all
- Oversee budgets, create and manage project forecasts, schedules
and expenses; anticipate potential changes to budget, schedule, and
expenses and provide guidance and analysis of changes.
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating
contractual service agreements. Prepare, negotiate, and authorize
revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with
architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and
- Manage project staff and jobsite Investigate potential
situations and implement corrective measures as necessary. Develop
contingency plans in advance to mitigate potential risk.
- Provide guidance, oversight, coaching, and mentoring to junior
and mid-level Project Managers.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time,
within budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Prepare items; manage the close out process to completion.
- Produce and review design plans, specifications, and cost
- Perform other duties as may be required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or
engineering, or equivalent work experience; Project Management
certification (PMP, PMI) a plus.
- 6+ years of progressively responsible project management
experience, preferably in construction management, program
management or engineering; experience in aviation or construction
industries preferred, especially working for an airline or
- Experience as a leader managing a team of direct reports,
mentor, and problem solver with a commitment to excellence.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of contract management
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational
skills; including the ability to work with diverse personalities to
negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influencing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain effective working
relationships with managers, peers, and subordinates.
- Active participation in industry organizations a plus.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project
management software.Direct ReportsManagement of internal Project
Management team(s).Company Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and
family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability,
and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.EOE/AA:
Keywords: J A Watts Inc, Denver , Sr Project Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!