Greenland Science Support Manager-Arctic Research Support and Logistics
Company: CH2M & Jacobs
Posted on: June 20, 2019
Support for science projects in Greenland and have a hand in
transforming the world. This is a senior level position that
possesses a variety of technical skills related to project
implementation, including planning, coordinating, and implementing
construction, operations, logistics, and maintenance support for
science projects in Greenland. You will use your tactical skills
and influence to manage relationships with the NSF, Air National
Guard, the Government of Greenland, and other stakeholders to
deliver high quality support for the program. As the Greenland
Science Support Manager you'll:
- ?Works with Science Planning Manager and Operations Manager to
coordinate Greenland operations and arctic science projects.?
- Works directly with Air National Guard or Air Force to execute
transportation of materials and personnel.?
- Provides direction to Greenland science planning and operations
staff. ? Provides expertise in field logistics to assist Science
Planners and other stakeholders.?
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of
projects and activities to be carried out by others. May assign and
review work to ensure accuracy, thoroughness and timeliness.?
- Understands and applies the principles of risk management to
project work. Serves as a technical resource for project
- As a project manager, able to manage mid-size projects.?
- May lead development of technical approaches in
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials
and services for completion of projects?
- Manage full-time and seasonal staff.?
- Work with scientists and researchers to manage changes in
science support due to scope, weather, mechanical difficulties, and
- Work with researchers to define requirements and develop
- Manage a budget for science operations.?
- Oversee program logistics activities in New York and Greenland.
- BS or MS degree within applied science, logistics, or related
- ?5 years of Project Management experience? In addition to the
requirements the ideal applicant will have:?
- 10 or more years of experience preferred. ?
- Work experience in remote and cold, polar, Arctic or Antarctic
environments is preferred.?
- Experience with NSF projects?
- Experience managing science field projects is highly
- Familiarity with logistics systems is highly desirable.?
- Experience with managing and coordinating air operations using
Air National Guard is desirable.
- Person already residing a commutable distance from our
Englewood, CO office is preferredJacobs is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free
workplace.About Jacobs Jacobs leads the global professional
services sector delivering solutions for a more connected,
sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a
talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full
spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional,
construction- and program-management for business, industrial,
commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more
information, visit web address removed> --
Keywords: CH2M & Jacobs, Denver , Greenland Science Support Manager-Arctic Research Support and Logistics, Executive , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!