Posted on: June 15, 2019
OverviewAt Cumming, you will work on some of the world's most
exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is
measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest-growing
project and cost management consultancies in the United States, as
reflected in our top 20 rankings in both ENR and Building Design +
Construction. With over 30 offices globally, an extremely diverse
project portfolio, and double-digit year-over-year revenue growth,
the opportunities to make your mark are limitless!
In this role, you will be a member of our highly reputable cost
management and estimating team. The cost team delivers solutions to
clients in the areas of conceptual estimating, budget development,
cost planning, feasibility studies, value management, economic
forecasting, milestone reports, pre- and post-contract auditing,
change order review and reconciliation, BIM 5D cost modeling, LEED
cost analysis, lifecycle costing, and more. We encourage you to
research us to learn more about our outstanding reputation within
this service line.
We are currently looking for a Cost Manager for our office in
Denver, CO. This is a client facing role in a fast-paced
environment where you will have the opportunity to make an impact
on state of the art projects and realize a path for growth to the
Sr. Cost Manager level for the right
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take
offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of assigned
work as described in the project documents.
- Ability to develop pricing and unit rates from first principles
including understanding and ability to utilize productivity rates
in calculation of labor rates.
- Solicit and collect subcontractor and vendor bids or
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client
- Prepare subcontractor analysis sheets for assigned scope of
- Evaluate changes and subcontractor change order estimates.
Provide expertise in all phases of construction work.
- Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the country
for specific project sector needs.
- Manage and lead a number of client accounts providing
outstanding consultative services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management/Engineering,
Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or
Architecture is highly preferred. A combination of education and
work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years' experience in Estimating and Cost Management is
- Civil, structural, & architectural (CSA) experience
- Experience in conceptual, schematic, pre-construction phases of
- Knowledge of On Screen Takeoff.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Have more questions? Chat with a recruiter on our careers website!
It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide
feedback within five business days.
CUMMING is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to
attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified
team members without regard to race, gender, color, religion,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic, including physical or
mental disability, to the extent protected by applicable federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Cumming, Denver , Cost Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!