Director Security & Compliance - Denver
Company: Horizontal Integration
Posted on: June 14, 2019
As the Director of Information Security Governance, Risk, &
Compliance (GRC) you will be responsible for partnering with IT &
Business Leadership to develop, implement, maintain, and mature a
strategic, risk-based roadmap for the GRC component of our
Information Security, Risk, & Compliance program. The goal of this
road map is to implement appropriate practices thereby protecting
the organization and supporting our strategic objectives. This
talented individual will work cross-functionally to develop
guidelines and standards as well as educate and enable our employee
base to ensure we meet our Information Security, Risk, & Compliance
objectives. The Director?s day-to-day activities include
implementation and maintenance of our Information Security GRC
program, including but not limited to the following:
- Governance (Policies/Procedures, Security Awareness, Education,
Training, Program Oversight & Measurement, etc.)
- Risk Management (Risk Assessment/Management, 3rd?Party Risk,
Security Testing, Project Support, DR/BCP, etc.)
- Compliance (PCI, SOX, Policy Enforcement, Internal Audits,
etc.) The ideal candidate will have experience building,
maintaining, and maturing effective GRC programs. As a key addition
to the Information Security Leadership Team, reporting to the
Senior Director of Information Security, Risk, & Compliance, the
Director of Information Security Governance, Risk, & Compliance
will play a critical role in coordinating strategy, sustaining
excellence and nurturing team culture and growth. This is a
leadership role with regular interactions with our CIO as well as
many different IT and Business Leaders Essential Job
- Drive: Develop and drive the ownership and accountability of
Information Security Risk, and Compliance objectives and supporting
IT initiatives. Able to facilitate multi-disciplinary strategic
discussions with senior business and technology leaders combined
with strong, clear and concise communications skills Provide
leadership for a multi-disciplinary delivery team to ensure
successful implementation of key initiatives across the
consumer-facing web, mobile, mobile app and ecommerce application
portfolio. Provide project/program facilitation and oversight;
facilitate agreement on objectives and success measures, provide
overall project/program issue resolution and roadblock removal.
Partner with Information Security, IT, & Business Leadership in
execution of a roadmap that aligns with our Business Strategy.
- Connect: Inspire trust and build strong, authentic, productive
relationships within the organization and with key stakeholders.
Effectively engage and collaborate with leadership across the
organization to develop, define and build on innovative ideas and
business priorities Acts as a role model for developing and
maintaining positive, collaborative relationships with all
constituents including business and IT peers and leaders. Engage
broadly and deeply across the organization to quickly connect
information and people to drive enterprise projects, programs and
initiatives. Partner with stakeholders to understand their drivers
and needs, and use that knowledge and those relationships to drive
effective prioritization and roadmaps for delivery.
- Develop: Create an environment of continual improvement both
inside and outside of direct team. Empower team members and develop
talent through monitoring and evaluation of performance, alignment
to corporate professional development program, and company growth.
Demonstrate the ability to learn and develop as a self-starter
requiring little direction. We are looking for someone who shows
the potential to do more and is a natural leader. Be a Producer of
Talent with individuals on your team and across the
- Out Front:?Anticipate the needs of key leadership and
facilitate as well as motivate those around you to identify
solutions that both improve the security of our environment and
advance business objectives. Maintain an external network to ensure
our organization continuously analyzes new threats, trends,
innovations, etc. and ensures we our strategy and priorities stay
appropriately aligned. Provides expert recommendations based on
strong front-to-back understanding of existing digital capabilities
and frameworks combined with a strong understanding of emerging
technologies. Be curious about our business and seek to understand
our strategy, business practices, and projects.
- Re-Imagine:?Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to company
and this role. Leverage own expertise to challenge the status quo
and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve our business
processes and related technology. Evolve current GRC practices to
better align with recent growth and ensure future scalability.
- Passion:?Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the employee
experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and
inspire others to follow. Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor?s degree in Business, Technology or related field
- Recent start up experience/small business experience
- 5 + years of relevant work experience including proven ability
to successfully lead and oversee critical projects and cross
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of key concepts in
Information Security, Risk Management, and Compliance
- Successful regular exposure to Director and VP levels within IT
and the Business
- Understanding of corporate Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Consistently demonstrated growth in their own skills &
leadership. Other Requirements: Leadership: Leadership
- Ability to drive strategy, vision, direction, and
prioritization on enterprise wide projects and programs at the
senior leadership level.
- Can manage initiatives from concept through to completion,
including the development and presentation of a business case.
- Applies critical thinking to generate new thoughts and
opportunities; has ability to collaborate and build on strategic
and innovative thoughts/ideas.
- Informed on industry standards and practices, and a forward
thinker on new and innovative approaches. Project Management:
- Ability to socialize and manage a portfolio of projects in
support of stated strategic objectives.
- Manage operational business impacts as well as technical
components of the program or project.
- Provide vision and leadership regarding organizational design
and resourcing of large, complex and undefined enterprise wide
initiatives including all aspects of management from vision through
execution. Financials: Financials
- Manage enterprise wide programs with complex financial models
including internal and external stakeholders and complex contract
- Participate in the annual expense and capital budgeting
processes & cycles for their areas. Employee Management: Employee
- Ability to manage/oversee internal and contract resources.
- Ability to produce talent on their team and across the
organization Vendor Management: Vendor Management
- Provide leadership and guidance to external vendors.
- Ability to work through vendor contract management issues.
Keywords: Horizontal Integration, Denver , Director Security & Compliance - Denver, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!