Company: Workiva, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy.
Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex
collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk.
Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest
U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
This Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers. The team
will build services and features for Workiva s SOX and Audit
solutions. We expect upcoming work to add features to support new
types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot
currently do in Wdesk. We also may simply prioritize improved user
efficiency and better user experience in the application. For new
features, Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers, and
re-prioritizes work frequently in Agile development.
At Workiva, Engineering Managers lead agile engineering teams in
product development and coordinate with diverse teams across the
company. This role provides technical and project guidance while
managing individuals to facilitate team health and professional
development. Engineering Managers need to build professional teams
with ownership of their deployment, production monitoring, and
architecture to fit with the rest of Workiva s R&D teams.
What You ll Do:
* PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: You will provide engineers with feedback,
coaching, and professional development opportunities to enhance
their skills, motivation, and performance.
* FULFILLMENT OF CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS: You will provide leadership
for the team to fully understand and resolve issues that may result
when delivering high-quality products and solutions.
* TECHNICAL GUIDANCE: You will provide guidance for the development
team in exploring and generating innovative new approaches to
identify issues and provide optimal solutions. You will share best
practices and ensure the team s deliverables meet customer
* PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PLANNING: You will oversee forecasts, team
deliverables, and timelines all while ensuring a quality finished
product. You will manage the team s capabilities and the
scope/level of anticipated effort to produce intended results.
* TEAM REPRESENTATION: You will attend planning meetings,
development jams, and customer visits to communicate the team s
ability to deliver proposed items or align to new priorities. Some
travel required (less than 25%).
What You ll Need:
* Demonstrated skill and success in critical thinking, coaching,
problem solving, and conflict resolution
* Successful track record communicating complex technical details
to diverse audiences of stakeholders and customers
* Senior-level software engineering experience
* Experience with automated testing and process improvement
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Demonstrated leadership within a technical organization,
regardless of official title
* An acute focus on people development, job mastery, and continuous
Where You\'ll Work:
* Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
* Workiva Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
* Workiva Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom
Workiva is an equal opportunity employer. It is our strong belief
that equal opportunity for all employees is central to the
continuing success of our organization. We will not discriminate
against an employee or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, physical
disabilities, political affiliation, sexual orientation, color,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or other
protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training,
benefits, transfers, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or
other forms of compensation. Opportunity is provided to all
employees based on qualifications meeting job requirements.
Keywords: Workiva, Inc., Denver , Engineering Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!