VP of User Experience (UX/Design)
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Job Summary:The Global Head of User Experience and Design (Head of
UX) will report directly to the most senior level of our Product
Management organization (SVP Product Management) and oversee all
aspects of the user experience across the Genesys product
portfolio. The head of UX will manage a team of 25 UX professionals
globally with the objective to a) creating a unified UX vision for
the company, b) implementing the guidelines, tools and processes
required to scale great design across Genesys' large product
organization, and to c) drive the successful execution of the UX
strategy across Genesys. As part of this transformation, the Head
of UX employs design thinking as a guiding principle and works -
together with the team - with users, partners, product managers,
engineers, marketing, and other constituents across Genesys and its
ecosystem. The UX team plays a key role in the development and
delivery of delightful, end-to-end user experiences. This is a
hands-on leadership role requiring a user-centric view into our
solutions and a passion for creating high-impact user experiences
at scale. You will bring the smarts of a product manager to
understand prioritization and how to measure outcomes. In return,
you will work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, dynamic
environment in a high growth, AI-powered cloud
- Understand and engage with customers and other stakeholders on
comprehensive set of topics, including strategy, roadmaps, and user
- Collaborate with a team comprised of product managers,
architects, engineers, branding experts, and key customer contacts
to envision and iterate a highly desirable, technically feasible
and economically viable UX vision for Genesys.
- Partner with Product Management to integrate and prioritize UX
requirements into product roadmaps.
- Participating in key sprints and product reviews in partnership
with the Product Manager(s).
- Implement the guidelines, tools and processes required to scale
great design across Genesys' large product organization.
- Develop guidelines or best practices for designing customer
journeys (continuously update playbook).
- Setup customer research and user testing (e.g., customer and
staff panels, personas, analytics).
- Participate and present in senior executive meetings.
- BS degree in a business discipline or Computer Science,
Information Systems or equivalent experience required, MBA
- 10+ years of applied UX/UI design experience and 8+ years of
- Experience in design-thinking or other structured innovation
- Proven ability to set up the right systems, tools, processes
and guidelines to scale a superior UX design across a large
engineering team and product set.
- Well-developed strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to
excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Sense of urgency with disposition to execute and a demonstrated
career of successful program implementations.
- Hands-on capabilities, and proven experience in gathering and
transforming user experiences.
- Understanding of customer transactions and communication,
marketing, operational work flows, ERP technologies, as well as
development methodology for a complex multi-business products.
- Strong user experience (UX/CX)/design sense, with a record of
building great products.
- Ability to think like a customer and see our experiences
through a user-centric view.
- Top notch written, visual and oral communication skills,
including experience presenting to executive leadership,
participating in the sales cycle and handling sensitive customer
Genesys-- powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer
experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of
everything we do and passionately believe that great customer
engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000
companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1
customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer
journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With
a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be
first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry
analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer
engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com,
Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Genesys, Denver , VP of User Experience (UX/Design), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!