Process Engineering Manager
Company: Gates Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2019
PROCESS ENGINEERING MANAGER
Location: Englewood, CO United States
Job Type: Direct Hire
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific
fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are
driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer
products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to
inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest
continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only
outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding
expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world
experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse
challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are
constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service
offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In
the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is
there with the right product, in the right place at the right time.
Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the
aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more
efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
The PT Process Engineering Manager develops, plans, and implements
necessary engineering teams to support the factory Operations and
to make improvements to the processes. This position is expected to
provide a global approach to process engineering to enable
consistent engineering, materials, and procedures through all of
the worldwide factories. As needed this position serves as an
individual contributor and as a project manager and technical
resource to other employees across the worldwide organization. The
individual will be expected to deliver results through the
organization by driving solutions and improvements, by containing
and fixing problems and by reviewing the current state of the
manufacturing operations for opportunities and threats. Strategic
planning in anticipation of future Operations directions is
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
beyond the core functions listed below.
* Develops factory process engineering teams and regularly reviews
the progress of these teams against commitments. Regularly reports
on the status and progress of the teams and projects.
* Develops and implements production/processing methods and
controls to provide significant improvement to Operations through
reductions to expense or increases in factory output.
* Provides decision making leadership to solve complex problems
involving extensive research, analysis and evaluation of multiple
* Contributes ideas and analysis of the potential programs to
provide added value to Operations.
* Provides technical information for process and tool engineering
for the Operations and Development groups.
This position supervises the factory process engineering groups.
The direct reports are the heads of the process engineering groups
at the factory level, but reports at lower levels within the
organization may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
* BS Degree or Higher; preferable in an Engineering discipline
* Minimum of 3 years of specific experience in engineering resource
management and direction with progressive responsibility
* Ability to provide concurrent oversight to multiple resources and
* Strong experience in equipment specification, design, and
integration for new and existing processes; experience with various
industrial control systems and a basic understanding of machine
control concepts strong knowledge of electrical, pneumatic,
mechanical and hydraulic systems
* Experience with structured problems solving concepts and
* Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities
* Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing concepts
* Demonstrated knowledge of financial concepts as they related to
manufacturing operations expenses.
* Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written.
* Must be capable of presenting project information in front of all
levels of the organization.
* Excellent project management skills, including execution and
follow up assessment
* Results oriented, seeks creative solutions to business
* Proven ability to lead cross functional and cross cultural teams,
especially across international factories.
* Proficient project management and engineering related skills
including but not limited to:
* Desktop Publishing
* Project Management Programs (Microsoft Project)
* Statistical process control
* Time Management/Resource Planning
* Strong team player, proactively able to step in to support other
team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training
of all functions, builds collaborative relationships
* Takes action, anticipates the needs of internal and external
* Demonstrated ability to manage high pressure situations manages
conflict and prioritizes workloads.
* Self-directed and motivated
* Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans for future growth
directions of the global organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race,
sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other
consideration defined by law.
Gates Corporation is an Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Denver , Process Engineering Manager, Executive , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!