Director of Nursing
Company: Auburn Crest Hospice
Posted on: March 18, 2019
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and developing team members then this is a great opportunity for you! The Director of Nursing is responsible for the planning, implementation, and leadership of direct clinical services provided to clients and families, the interdisciplinary team (IDT) coordination of the Hospice program, and the effective and efficient use of resources.
At Auburn Crest Hospice, our goal is to create a culture of excellence that honors life by empowering employees, patients, and communities to live every moment. We provide our patients with a nurturing environment run by well-trained staff members to ensure that our patients have the chance to make the most of the time they have left.
- Coordinate planning and delivery of IDT interventions to review and revise client/family plans of care every 14 days, and assure that clients continue to qualify for hospice care.
- Perform hospice consultations and/or review of admission documentation to assess for appropriateness of admission to hospice care.
- Carry a client case-load as needed.
- Oversee clinical supervision of nursing personnel, certified nursing assistants, and homemakers, such as conducting appropriate supervisory visits.
- Responsible for selection, coordination of services, and analysis of clinical services performance of contracted agencies/services
- Coordinate/schedule staff assignments to clients according to needs and level of care.
- Oversee admissions and recertification in accordance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Supervise submission of Health Information System (HIS) data to CMS.
- Coordinate and implement appropriate discharge processes.
- Regularly audit records, documentation, and staff time sheets.
- Participate in staff selection as appropriate and orient new clinical staff personnel.
- Oversee tracking and monitoring of medication protocols
- Participate in financial review and analysis of clinical costs including but not limited to pharmaceutical, durable medical equipment (DME), and medical supply expenses.
- Ensure infection control and safety protocols such as direct-care staff Tuberculosis tests, Hepatitis B vaccines, health screenings, and flu shots.
- Maintain and oversee communications with physicians, facilities, and contracted providers.
- Provide 24-hour availability for staff, patients, and families, as needed including nights and weekends.
- Coordinate and implement continued education of clinical staff
- Coordinate and implement community, facility, and contracted agencies in-services JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a current license to practice in Colorado.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience, preferably in a Home Health/Hospice setting within the past five (5) years.
- 1+ Year of supervisory or management experience required.
- Ability to manage all aspects of terminal care with expertise in pain and symptom management and hospice nursing.
- Skill in administrative performance, including expertise in both written and oral communication, supervision of staff, documentation requirements, service coordination, case management, and supportive, sensitive approach in response to needs of staff and client/family.
- Knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation (COP) and Interpretive Guidelines, Medicaid, state, and Joint Commission requirements.
- Schedule flexibility and travel required.
- Must have valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be asked to participate in on-call night and weekend rotations as needed.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
Keywords: Auburn Crest Hospice, Denver , Director of Nursing, Executive , Loveland, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!