Office Manager - Spanish Speaking
Company: STRIVE Prep Schools
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Please note that we can only consider candidates who are fluent in written and oral English and Spanish.STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. Our inclusive and transformative community seeks an Office Manager for a January 2019 start.We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values every day:
- Con Ganas: The work we do is challenging, but every challenge is seen as an opportunity and we rarely give up.
- The High Road: We do the right thing and we treat one another with respect and dignity.
- Joy Factor: We work to create a joyful and optimistic work environment that values levity and laughter.
- Accountable Action: We hold clear, high expectations for our work, and we are appropriately held accountable to those expectations by ourselves and others.
- Growth Mindset: We continue to develop professionally and operate with a growth mindset in order to create the best school possible for our students and families.
- Lean In: We communicate with one another professionally, appropriately, honestly, and transparently, both in person and in writing.
- We Serve: Every day is an opportunity to partner with and learn from our students and families, whom we serve with grace and humility. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Communication:
- Communicate effectively with students, families and colleagues to ensure that all student data is up-to-date and accurate (including period attendance data)
- Live the STRIVE values in all interactions with students, staff, families and guests who enter our building.
- Respond to family concerns promptly, professionally and effectively.
- Manage phones (answer calls, re-direct calls, take messages, place calls, and create school announcements).
- Support in the writing and editing of letters, promotional materials (e.g. brochures, newsletters), and family communications. Scheduling:
- Develop Master Schedule in collaboration with Principal
- Manage Schedule request process and schedule changes
- Create student schedules
- Ensure student schedules are aligned to graduation requirements
- Work with DPS to ensure that all classes are coded and weighted properly in Infinite Campus. Campus/Network Support:
- Provide front desk coverage, and phone support, as well as translation support for families and staff.
- Assist with student recruitment.
- Process student applications.
- Prepare academic information and enrollment packets and refer inquiries to the appropriate personnel and/or campus.
- Manage all responsibilities and tasks as required by the district through Charter Secretaries, including October Count.
- Set processes and procedures to help manage school-wide daily systems (student attendance and behaviors systems); hold staff accountable to these systems
- Manage the collection and maintenance of student, personnel, and school information (receive forms and paperwork, track missing forms, manage databases, update contact information, and keep records current).
- Ensure that records are complete and conform to state standards and procedures, protecting the confidentiality of student information
- Attend all DPS Infinite Campus and transcript training to ensure knowledge of the systems and pertinent documentation.
- Send letters to Child Support Agencies for parents and legal representativesRequirements:
- Speaks and writes fluently in oral and written English and Spanish (required).
- Demonstrates capacity to problem-solve, manage logistics, and coordinate details in a fast-paced environment that directly supports each STRIVE Prep campus.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, high-stakes relationship, and engagements simultaneously, with a high degree of personal accountability and professionalism.
- Is passionate about educational equity and dedicated to academic success for all students.
- Is committed to constant growth and reflection through regular coaching and professional development.In addition, we strongly prefer the following:
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree (strongly preferred).
- Is proficient in the use of basic business software (required) and student information systems including, but not limited to Infinite Campus and Naviance (strongly preferred).
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of registration and student file requirements, policies, and procedures, including origination and compilation student records, campus course/activity schedules, and matriculation and graduation requirements.What We Offer Our Network Staff:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Annual performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100 percent of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
- Approximately eight weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually.Join This Movement:STRIVE Prep educators inspire and encourage our students to think critically, communicate clearly, and collaborate openly, both in and outside of the classroom. By bringing together challenging academics with celebration and joy, we fuel a sense of curiosity, creativity and lifelong possibility in our students and our teachers. No matter where you join us in your career, we welcome our teachers to help make STRIVE Prep a place where everyone in our community can STRIVE and THRIVE.Equity and InclusionSTRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We must challenge ourselves as educators on what it means to serve all students, families and each other through a lens of Dignity for All, all the time. To us, Dignity for All means honoring and respecting the rich diversity of who we are and the unique gifts and talents that each of us bring. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment.Questions?Contact Allison Gordon (Director of Talent Acquisition) at
Keywords: STRIVE Prep Schools, Denver , Office Manager - Spanish Speaking, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!