Assistant Project Manager - Aviation Construction
Company: Hiring Companies
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Description:This role is responsible for assisting all aspects of the assigned project(s) at the Denver International Airport, including but not limited to the planning, implementation, construction, cost efficiency, client satisfaction and scheduling.Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Assist Project Manager with writing technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Create and review plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Confer with clients, sub-consultants, and contractors to discuss work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Assist the Project Manager to oversee project staff and job-site construction activities. Aid in the investigation of potential situations and help implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling. Review and distribute internally and externally.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings. Schedule and attend job meetings. Assemble and distribute meeting minutes.
- Review contracts and facilitate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Work with the Project Manager to understand the financial aspects of contract(s) to protect the companys interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Provide support to help ensure that project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Develop, draft, and review proposed construction plans and specifications to meet client requirements for interior renovations and remodels.
- Prepare and monitor punch list items.
- Help negotiate professional and contractual service agreements.
- Perform other duties as required/directed..Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, building science or architecture
- 0-4 years of experience, preferably in engineering, project or construction management; aviation or construction industries preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work and communicate effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Experience using MS Office suite and industry related project management software; Procore and Primavera Unifier use on a daily basis, AutoCAD a plus.Company Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and family. Health Savings Account option available.
- Company-provided group life, short and long term disability, and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company sponsored social events.EOE/AA: M/F/Vet/DisabledPM18
Keywords: Hiring Companies, Denver , Assistant Project Manager - Aviation Construction, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!