IT Project Manager
Posted on: November 10, 2018
IT Project Manager
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 16,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
We are a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for our expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. We are proud to say that many of the world's leading organizations partner with us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
At Computershare we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you need any assistance, please let us know and we are happy to help.
Interested in joining our leading brand? Keep reading below about this position and then click "Apply" to tell us about yourself!
Responsible for the development and implementation of assigned projects. Takes project from original concept through final implementation. Responsible for the day to day management and oversight of projects with Technology. This includes project planning, developing requirements documents, scheduling, developing technical product specifications, and actively engaging other members of the project team.
Position Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Provide consistent end-to-end project management for CTS projects which include requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, development, implementation and testing of technology solutions to ensure project requirements have been met and to ensure conformance to CTS development standards and methodology.
- Interface with business sponsors to ensure that the technology solutions are developed to meet business needs and specifications.
- Work collaboratively with business partners, team members and vendors in defining, designing, planning, implementing technology solutions to improve business functions.
- Lead the analysis effort to document organizational needs for the development and implementation of technology solutions, and apply experiences with existing software development processes to develop better processes for future use.
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team on a consistent basis adhering to established governance. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major Technology impact projects.
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision.
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills.
- Strong process and gap analysis skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-7 years of Project Management Experience
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple major impact projects.
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management.
- Strong process development skills, with the ability to learn and understand technical concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures.
- In-depth experience with the development lifecycle, software development methodologies and project governance.
- Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing, QA testing and user acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated experience with MSWord, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, MSProject.
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic team environment and interact at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment.
- Preferred: B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- PMP or PMI certification or other Project Manager certifications.
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
Keywords: Computershare, Denver , IT Project Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!