Manager, Field Technical Operations
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for managing the quality and performance of the Ad Sales Technical Operations function including operations, productivity, and
staffing. Develops procedures and processes to support as well as educate/train Engineering support personnel. Serves as a subject matter
expert and provides guidance to employee as required. Provides cross-functional project teams with guidance and technical expertise as necessary.
- Builds an environment of highly motivated employees in order to exceed established ad insertion performance run rates.
- Manages the team in successful planning, design, and integration of ad insertion and VOD platform technologies with cable system delivery network, including new devices and software related to the delivery of new advertising sales products and services.
- Develops procedures and processes to support as well as educate/train Engineering support personnel. Provides direction to Engineering assisting with maintenance and repairs.
- Participates in managing budgeted resources and assets.
- Maintains open communication channels with cross-functional teams, on the system side as well as Spotlight, focusing on quick resolution of technical issues.
- Develops technical solutions for digital and analog insertion equipment failures; reports performance, maintaining technical records of solutions to maintenance issues.
- Installs and configures enterprise LANs, WANs, Routers, Switches, CSU/DSU and networking hardware as it relates to ad insertion equipment communication. Implements internetworking Ethernets, VLAN's, and layer three switching that are using routed and un-routed protocols (TCP/IP, IPX, NETBIOS, Multicast and Unicast traffic.)
- Manages the technical team in planning for major project installations.
- Manages a team of technicians that can diagnose problems using audio and video testing/measurement equipment and can complete tasks independently.
- Must be able to manage technicians within a multi-state region
- Acts as first escalation point to regional technicians
- Acts as key leader and point of contact for enterprise initiatives
- Assists in annual budgeting, expense reduction, and capital purchasing
- Responsible for developing regional short-term and long-term operational strategies and metrics
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining complete accuracy in work and reporting
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned Job Specification:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Manager, Field Technical Operations, Executive , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!