Mirasol - Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Christian Living Communities
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Position SummaryThe primary responsibility of this job position is
to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing
overall operation of the Nursing Service Department following the
current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and
regulations that govern long term care and assisted living
facilities. - - This position is entrusted to ensure that the
highest degree of quality care can be provided to residents, at all
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
nursing service department, as well as its programs and
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and
procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Determine the staffing needs
- Recommend the number and level of nursing personnel to be
- Assist in calculating the number of direct nursing personnel
care on duty each shift
- Ensure that all nursing assistants are enrolled in or have
graduated from an approved training program
- Develop work assignments and schedule duty hours
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure
all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department
- Ensure that disciplinary action is administered consistently
and per policy
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident that
identifies the problems/needs, indicated the care to be given,
goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is
responsible for each element of care
- Prepare and plan the nursing service department's budget and
submit to the Administrator.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction
with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government
agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Nurse in good standing in the state of operation,
long-term care experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- 1 - 3 years' experience as an LPN/RN.
- 1 - 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- 1 year of experience in educating and/or training adult
- Expertise in PPS, MDS, OBRA and OSHA requirements
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal laws and regulations
for skilled nursing facility operation in the State of operation.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in relevant
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English
- Must possess excellent customer service skillsWorking
Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and /or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet
- Sits, stands, bends, and moves intermittently during working
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Interacts with residents, family members, visitors
If you are considering a position at Christian Living Communities -
Cappella Living Solutions, we have a wide range of benefits to
consider! -These may vary based on the status of the role (PT, FT,
or PRN). ---- - - -Health Coverage--- - - -Health Savings Accounts
---- - - -Retirement (with match)--- - - -Dental, Vision,
Disability & Life Insurance--- - - -Paid Time Off planWe envision a
warm and welcoming environment for all residents, team members,
family members, and members of our communities - a place of
belonging. - Please let us know if you require accommodation during
the interview process.We ask all applicants to carefully review the
hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not
hire outside the predetermined range.Please note, consistent with
state and federal mandates, being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 is
a condition of employment.All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Assistant Director of Nursing, Location:
Berthoud, CO - 80513 , PL: 582749211
Keywords: Christian Living Communities, Denver , Mirasol - Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Berthoud, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!