Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Development Manager
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Description:Join our dynamic team and make a significant
impact on our organization's security posture as our SIEM
Development Manager. If you are a dedicated and forward-thinking
professional with a passion for security and innovation, we invite
you to apply and contribute to our mission of safeguarding our
valuable assets and data from evolving cyber threats.Key
Responsibilities:1. Team Leadership and Development:
- Manage and mentor a team of talented Security Information and
Event Management (SIEM) developers, fostering a collaborative and
high-performing work environment.
- Set clear objectives, provide regular feedback, and conduct
performance evaluations to enhance the team's capabilities.
- Promote professional growth by organizing training sessions and
encouraging employees to pursue relevant certifications and
industry advancements.2. SIEM Software Solution Architecture and
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including cybersecurity
experts, IT operations, and business units, to understand security
requirements and business goals.
- Architect and design scalable and resilient SIEM solutions that
can effectively handle diverse data sources and complex security
analytics use cases.
- Conduct regular reviews and refinement of the architecture to
accommodate changes in the threat landscape and business needs.3.
Development and Implementation:
- Lead the SIEM development team in coding, testing, and
deploying custom applications to enhance the capabilities of our
- Implement integrations with various data sources, security
tools, and external threat intelligence feeds to enhance threat
detection and response capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with coding standards, security best
practices, and data privacy regulations throughout the development
lifecycle.4. Security Incident Management:
- Develop and refine strategies for proactive threat detection,
incident identification, and efficient response and
- Conduct thorough analysis of security incidents, ensuring root
cause analysis, and implement corrective actions to prevent future
- Collaborate with the Incident Response team to enhance incident
handling and escalation procedures.5. Performance Optimization and
- Continuously monitor the performance of the SIEM system and
identify areas for optimization and enhancement.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate infrastructure upgrades to
support increasing data volumes and maintain optimal system
- Conduct load testing and performance tuning exercises to ensure
the SIEM platform can handle peak operational loads.6. Compliance
- Ensure adherence to industry standards, regulatory
requirements, and internal security policies in all aspects of SIEM
development and operation.
- Collaborate with the Compliance team to fulfill audit requests
and participate in security assessments and penetration testing
exercises.7. Research and Innovation:
- Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, trends,
and emerging technologies relevant to SIEM development and security
- Evaluate new SIEM tools, technologies, and techniques to
improve the organization's security posture and stay ahead of
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information
Security, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of proven experience in SIEM development and security
operations, with a successful track record of leading SIEM projects
from conception to implementation.
- Proficient programming skills in languages such as Python,
Java, or C++, with a solid understanding of data structures and
- Extensive knowledge of SIEM platforms (e.g., Splunk SOAR,
Splunk ES and other industry SIEM platforms) and security
technologies, including IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, firewalls,
and vulnerability management tools.
- Familiarity with threat intelligence feeds, cybersecurity
frameworks, and incident response methodologies.
- Strong leadership abilities, with experience in managing
technical teams and driving successful outcomes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset, and a
proactive approach to addressing security challenges.Enterprise
Role Overview:Responsible for building and leading a team to
deliver technology products and services that meet business
outcomes. Ensures people development through coaching, mentoring,
feedback, and hands-on career development. Develops a technology
strategy and ensures technology solutions comply with applicable
standards. This role advocates and advances modern, Agile solution
delivery practices and evangelizes great design, engineering and
organizational practices. Accountable for team/program level
resource and financial management; builds and maintains teams
through talent acquisition. Sets maturity objectives and enables
individuals/teams to with training & resources to achieve them.
Sets and tracks quality and performance objectives. Facilitates
performance and career development of individuals through
performance reviews, coaching, and building individual development
plans that are needed to develop competencies and skills.
Understands individual and team maturity and performance through
team/client feedback. Manages relationships with the business and
technology leaders, and vendors for technical products. Accountable
for solution delivery management as relevant to their teams e.g.
prioritizing tech debt, compliance and security items, and
supporting audits. Accountable to ensure all relevant risk,
financial, and compliance polices and standards are met.
Accountable for the application performance in production (app
health, resiliency, performance, security, enterprise data
management standards, audit exams and reviews). Creates the
technology strategy for their technical domain. Ensures that
execution is aligned with product strategy by working with Product
Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders. Creates an
inclusive and healthy working environment, and helps to resolve
organizational impediments/blockers. Leads and creates followership
in Communities of Practice in the organization. Manages a
team.Shift:1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Denver , Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Development Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!