Director, Engineering & Fleet Management (Range - DOE $140 - $177,000 )
Company: Frontier Airlines
Posted on: September 17, 2023
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We
deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done
Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy.
Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in
bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows
travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while
our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to
personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services
they need - saving them money along the way. What We Stand For Low
Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life
every day. Our 'Done Right' promise means delivering not only
affordable prices, but making travel -friendly -and easy for our
customers. To do this, we put a great deal of -care -into every
decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of
our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our
business. We must also innovate and be -pioneers -- we're not
afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly
high in the air, we also consider ourselves -down-to-earth -in our
approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly
demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality. At Frontier, we like to
think we're creating something very special for our team members.
Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes
us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car
rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants,
luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a 'Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary,
short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k)
plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that
begins the 1 st -of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League,
Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to
providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic
hardship. Who We Are - Frontier Airlines is committed to offering
'Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in
the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more
than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's
hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering
the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers.
Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation
Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and
was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a
result of superior technology and operational efficiencies. What
Will You Be Doing? Achieve and maintain industry-leading
operational performance of Frontier's fleet, including controlling
and altering the configurations, maintenance program, and
reliability of aircraft, components, and powerplants to assure the
highest standards of safety and compliance, and reliability while
minimizing costs. Essential Functions
- Assure continuous monitoring of hazards and safety risks using
SMS practices to assure a safe, compliant, and reliable fleet.
- Identify, develop, and define new capabilities to expand
operations, lower costs, and enhance reliability.
- Direct teams responsible for configuration control, procedures,
and standards that assure the airworthiness of Frontier's fleet
operations, maintenance, inspection, and repair.
- Responsibility and authority for policies and procedures
related to Engineering, Publications, Maintenance Programs, and
- Assure continuous airworthiness management of the aircraft,
components, and powerplants.
- Establish/maintain the time limitations and standards for
- Assure policy/process controls achieve continuous regulatory
compliance, with clear and well-enforced standards for ethics &
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership across maintenance
teams, and the company.
- Optimize operational performance and fleet reliability, while
minimizing operational costs
- Exercise leadership and develop talent, including coaching and
mentoring direct reports and subordinates.
- Champion new systems and processes to enable continuous
- Assure timely and accurate tracking/reporting of key
- Develop and manage short/long-term Fleet strategy and budget,
- Establish and monitor contract compliance and performance to
assure service levels and financial objectives are met.
- Represent Frontier within industry working groups.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, aviation management, or
- Minimum of 6 years of Engineering experience at a 14 CFR Part
121 airline; 6 years of Engineering and/or Customer Support
experience with an Aircraft or Engine manufacturer is equivalent;
PreferA320 or other Airbus experience
- Minimum 5 years of airline maintenance and/or operations
- Preferred: FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
rating and License, and have held these ratings for at least 5
years, and demonstrated currency of application Knowledge, Skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of 121 Federal Aviation
- Action-oriented, results-driven leader with a natural aptitude
for engaging employees
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other leaders to
identify, plan, and execute strategic initiatives
- History of building high-performing teams, building
relationships, and productivity across organizations
- Hands-on leadership of multiple small/large scale projects to
meet deadlines within a rapidly evolving environment
- Exceptional leadership, decision-making, and critical thinking
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills for
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skill
across all levels of the organization and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive and persuasive
presentations, and deliver them to senior leadership to support
objectives and strategies
- Demonstrated experience developing/management of organizational
and project budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products (Excel, Word,
Powerpoint, etc.) Equipment Operated Standard office equipment,
including PC, copier, fax machine, printer Typical office
environment, with routine hangar and outdoor maintenance
environment, including high noise and exposure to fumes/vapors
Physical Effort Light physical effort required by handling objects
up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
Supervision Received Considerable Latitude: The incumbent
establishes methods and procedures for attaining specific goals and
objectives, and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the
final results of work are typically reviewed. Positions Supervised
Manager, Powerplant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Programs
Manager, Reliability Manager, Publications Salary Range - DOE $140
- $177,000 At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have
a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color,
religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic
information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected
by federal, state, or local laws. Diversity is an essential part of
our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique
backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute
every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military
experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions
essential to the operations of our airline. Frontier Airlines is a
Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT
safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing
for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine,
Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT
safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive
on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be
considered ineligible for employment with Frontier. Disclaimer: The
above statements are intended only to describe the general nature
and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be
advised that duties and expectations of this position may be
subject to change.
Keywords: Frontier Airlines, Denver , Director, Engineering & Fleet Management (Range - DOE $140 - $177,000 ), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!