Manager - Demand Planning
Posted on: September 17, 2023
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by
building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless
network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a
network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to
satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As the Demand Planning Manager, you will play a critical role in
optimizing our supply chain by forecasting customer demand and
aligning it with production and inventory strategies. Your
responsibilities will encompass:
- Collaborating at a strategic level with sales, marketing, and
other senior teams to align demand forecasting with the company's
business objectives, considering market trends and other
- Overseeing the application of advanced statistical models and
ensuring the use of best-in-class data analysis techniques to
formulate accurate demand forecasts.
- Overseeing the application of statistical models to monitor
changes in demand influenced by pricing, promotions, and
- Defining product segmentation based on demand variability and
overseeing the team in suggesting appropriate forecasting
- Leading efforts in aligning inventory levels with projected
demand, ensuring optimal carrying costs, service levels, and
schedules are maintained.
- Managing the collaboration between supply planning,
procurement, and cross-functional teams to ensure smooth demand and
- Steering both unconstrained and constrained forecasting
processes, ensuring potential market demand is accurately reflected
considering real-world limitations.
- Facilitating cross-functional collaborations, ensuring
alignment and agreement on consensus forecasts with departments
such as marketing, finance, and supply planning.
- Setting strategies to address demand variations and directing
the team to implement strategies for mitigating uncertainties.
- Guiding product development/portfolio teams in formulating
demand forecasts for new product launches and product
- Leading regular demand review meetings, fostering discussions
on forecast accuracy, trends, and determining corrective
- Reviewing the alignment of demand plans against inventory, and
directing the team in identifying and addressing slow-moving or
- Driving the generation of strategic demand-related reports,
ensuring that they provide key insights for top-level
- Championing continuous improvement initiatives within the
demand planning process and methodologies.
- Continuously refining forecasting methodologies to enhance
forecast accuracy and alignment with actual demand.
- Ensuring the reliability of demand planning tools, while
setting and monitoring standards for system parameters, settings,
and data maintenance.
- Leading the analysis and interpretation of outcomes from Demand
Planning algorithms, ensuring forecasting strategies are aligned
with organizational goals and KPIs.
- Directing comprehensive "What-If" demand planning analyses,
assessing the broader implications of shifts in demand
- Providing strategic leadership in diagnosing sales gaps.
Overseeing the identification of their root causes and ensuring the
team develops and implements actionable recommendations to address
these gaps effectively.
- Fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment,
cultivating commitment, skill growth, professional advancement, and
a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
To excel as a Demand Planning Manager, the following attributes are
- A Master's degree from a reputable four-year college or
university is preferred, coupled with a minimum of 4 years of
relevant experience. Equivalent combinations of education and
experience will also be considered.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and demand forecasting
techniques, using tools like Excel, statistical software, and
demand planning systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability
to work with complex data sets.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the
ability to work cross-functionally and influence stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for accuracy in forecast
- Knowledge of supply chain processes, inventory management, and
- Experience with demand planning software and ERP systems.
- Effective communication skills, allowing seamless interaction
across all echelons of the organization.
- A resolute commitment to the DISH way, exemplified by the core
values of Curiosity, Pride, Adventure, and Winning.
- The ability to thrive and deliver results within a fast-paced,
- An ability to be located in Denver, as an in-office presence is
mandatory to foster collaboration and engagement. Desired skills /
- Experience in the wireless industry, underlining your
understanding of its intricacies and market dynamics.
Compensation: $76,300.00/Year - $109,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending
accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career
opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be
viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total
compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications,
skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's
location and is subject to change based on work location.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen,
which may include a drug test and DMV check.
Keywords: DISH, Denver , Manager - Demand Planning, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!