PROJECT MANAGER, ENTERPRISE SERVICES
Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: May 28, 2023
OFFICE OF OPERATIONS
Traditional 235 work days per year
Salary Range: $86,173 - $99,933
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project-oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and adheres to DPS and
Program Management Office's (PMO) methodology for the district (Business and IT communities) to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, comply with high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Assume primary responsibility for project leadership and for facilitating completion and communication on all projects deliverables, including project charters, phase-driven schedules, project timelines and milestones, status reporting, resource plans, budgets, etc.
- Develop and apply objective-based change management strategies and communications plans to ensure stakeholders and team members are informed, bought-in, and support expected project outcomes.
- Provides regular, professional, and appropriate communications to project team members, department heads, business sponsors, and senior leadership. Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects managed, and communicate risks and issues to the project team and senior leadership. Identify and implement issue resolutions. Lead risk management identification and mitigation plans.
- Possess and demonstrate extensive knowledge and expertise in using project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, facilitation skills, and change management techniques.
- Responsible for planning and managing critical aspects of development and implementation of a holistic technology solution, including requirements definition, process re-engineering and design, vendor selection and vendor management, system design, testing, deployment. Utilize Software Development Life Cycle methodologies to ensure on-time, on-budget implementation of technology solutions that align with organizational needs and dependencies.
- Responsible for partnering with organizational leaders to assess strategic goals and alignment on projects, defining and designing operational solutions, defining comprehensive change management strategies, managing the implementation and integration with operational departments, and establishing metrics of long-term project success.
- Plan and manage multi-million dollar technology and/or business and operational budgets, including purchase and implementation costs.
- Responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, moderately to highly complex projects.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Five (5) years of direct project management experience in work planning, estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment, expectation management, scope and issue management
with complex business and IT projects.
- Ability to assess appropriate priorities and organize workload on multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite/Workspace.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a credible and confident manner at all organizational levels, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
- Ability to provide creative, solution-oriented support to complex situations.
- Ability to influence large, cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility
- Ability to work with and enable decision-making at various levels of management throughout the organization.
- Ability to translate customer needs into strategy, technology, and process solutions.
- Systems implementation project experience including requirements gathering, system vendor selection, functional and technical solution design, business process design and workflow,
testing and user acceptance, deployment, and organizational change management and communications Preferred
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage several projects in parallel.
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
- Stakeholder/sponsor management.
- A team player that can motivate the team and drive to project success.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- PMP (Preferred)
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational
opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS, comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
D PS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
D enver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equa l opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
OFFICE OF OPERATIONS
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , PROJECT MANAGER, ENTERPRISE SERVICES, Executive , Denver, Colorado
here to apply!