Security Program Manager (TASER) -Porter Adventist Hospital- Denver, CO.
Company: Hss Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
OverviewOverviewHSS a Tarian company specializes in managed
security services in both physical and virtual high-risk
environments - keeping the excitement out of security since 1967.
We partner and serve with organizations in healthcare, aviation,
schools, and other settings where safety and security are top of
mind. With nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support
staff, HSS a Tarian company protects its partners and communities
through healthcare technology management, integrated security
services solutions, and an ingrained ability to assess and
de-escalate situations in physical security. More information about
HSS a Tarian company can be found at hss-us.com.*The schedule of
paid holidays may vary by location.Compensation: $69,200.00 per
year -The Security Program Manager provides leadership and
administrative management to teammates, develops, implements and
coordinates the security program activities within a
hospital/healthcare setting. Responsibilities
- Manages time card processing, overtime utilization, and payroll
- Manages a team of supervisors and security officers who support
healthcare security operations at client sites.
- Partners with our healthcare clients and others across the
organization to develop and implement security standards, policies
and practices to make continual improvements and increase the
effectiveness of security programs.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of
training, drills and exercises.
- Works with security leaders to establish reliable data
associated with critical goals or other key performance indicators
that help the client reach their business objectives.
- Coordinates resources and ensures adequately security coverages
of client locations, to include extra coverage and special
- Analyzes effectiveness, productivity and profitability and
makes recommendations and/or changes as appropriate.
- Performance management; partners with recruiting and human
resources in hiring teammates, growing and developing teammates
through coaching and mentoring and formally evaluating the
performance of direct reports.
- Handles employee complaints, grievances and
- Manages operational budgets for security related programs.
- Develops and maintain plans for the effective deployment of
security staff and programs throughout the healthcare facility
through combinations of staffing, technology, training, education
- Maintain compliance with all healthcare safety and security
based regulatory standards, rules and regulations. This includes
but is not limited to Joint Commission, Center for Medicare and
Medicaid Services, state rules and requirements.
- Develop in collaboration with the hospital leadership risk
mitigation and safety based initiatives within the security
department Programs should focus on reducing risk of injury and
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community partners.
(e.g. Law Enforcement)
- Develops and updates operational security program
documentation. This includes but is not limited to policies,
procedures and training documents.
- Develop program process and strategies that result in the
active engagement of all hospital employees within the overall
- Analyzes department functions and makes suggestions,
recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase
effectiveness and productivity.
- Analyze historical security data (e.g. security incident
reports) to identify trends; while subsequently developing risk
mitigation strategies to address these trends.
- Collaborate with peer hospital leaders to proactively develop
security based training plans, and other applicable security
measures and response plans.
- Safely handle and maintain firearm that meets HSS a Tarian
- Apply HSS a Tarian company' Use of Force Policy
appropriatelyOther Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facilities
security representative and other facility management personnel,
and local public safety agencies.
- Participates as needed as a transition team member for all
newly acquired security clients.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Prepares reports and conducts presentations.
- Trains security personnel as necessary
- Enforces and abides by all regulations and guidelines of the
facility and HSS a Tarian company.
- Proactively communicate key information and developments within
the healthcare facility and security program to HSS a Tarian
- Maintain active engagement on committees, workgroups, and
taskforces with the healthcare facility.
- Ensures applicable paperwork/computer data are properly
documented and followed up.
- Works in a people environment that requires good to exceptional
customer service skills.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Prefer Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of management experience
in a service setting or both a combination of education and
- Prefer IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a
- Strong writing communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and motivate employees.
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer and Supervisor
Certifications preferred or must be completed within six months of
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
organization, including senior leadership, site leadership, and
- Able to multi-task, strong organizational skills and initiative
to complete tasks and follow through on projects with little
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office,
PowerPoint and social media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking skills and the ability to
present ideas in a clear and compelling manner with attention to
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the
company's driving requirements.
- Excellent people skills and ability to develop and manage
successful business relationships with clients and prospective
- Ability to perform duties while maintaining a high degree of
judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Basic math skills that allows for general data gathering and
reporting on findings.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional armed security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certificationsTASER
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed
in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state
license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at
the discretion of the TASER instructorand/or HSS a Tarian
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS a Tarian
company Conducted Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS a Tarian company Taser
PolicyOur full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job
training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by locationHSS a Tarian company will
consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by
Keywords: Hss Inc, Denver , Security Program Manager (TASER) -Porter Adventist Hospital- Denver, CO., Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...