Director of Social Services
Company: Denver North Care Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Are you a person who believes in providing great care? Do you
believe in having a positive impact on other people's lives? Are
you a team-player, quick-thinker, and ready to be a part of an
organization that supports your growth?
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We believe care goes beyond a medical chart. With kindness and
integrity as our guide, we strive for excellence in every
Director of Social Services Perks:
- Generous Bonuses
- Growth Opportunities - DOUBLE your salary
- Health Benefits
Directs the overall operation of the Social Services Department in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines and regulations and Company policies and procedures to
assist each resident and family adjust to placement, illness, and
plan of care to attain the highest practicable level of
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respects and upholds all residents' personal and property
rights whenever carrying out duties, including knocking before
entering a resident's room
- Complies with all company and departmental policies and
- Assesses residents upon admission, quarterly and upon change of
condition for social service needs. Assures that a thorough and
timely psychosocial history and assessment are completed for each
resident to identify problems, issues, or needs that are addressed
through Interdisciplinary Team and Care Plan process.
- Develops and maintains plan of care in conjunction with
facility interdisciplinary team.
- Assists resident and family with transition and adjustment to
placement in the facility.
- Determines legal status of residents upon admission, provides
information and obtains copies of advance directives, assures that
resident and family wishes regarding treatment including Do Not
Resuscitate (DNR) and withholding treatment are implemented in
accordance with Company policies.
- Provides individual, family, and group services focused on
enhancement of psychosocial functioning, social, emotional, and
behavioral problems, interpersonal relationships, coping with
placement, separation, loss, death and dying.
- 2-3 years' related experience required; supervisory experience
- Experience working in a skilled nursing facility
- In facilities with 120 beds and over, Bachelor's degree from
accredited college in social work or related field required. In
facilities with less than 120 beds, BA degree is
- Commitment to the company mission to consistently deliver high
quality, person-centered care with dignity, respect, compassion and
integrity, and to enrich every life we touch. Embracing the company
values of care & compassion, community, honesty & integrity,
teamwork, innovation and safety.
- Ability to represent Company in an ethical and professional
manner, and to maintain accountability
- Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally
with other employees, residents, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel and the general public, as
- Must be able to relate to and work with physically and/or
mentally ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times
hostile people within facility and treat them with respect and
consideration regardless of their cognitive or functional level
- Medical insurance with Rx benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision care
- 401k retirement savings plan with employer match after one year
- Paid vacation
Keywords: Denver North Care Center, Denver , Director of Social Services, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...