Director US Transactions and M and A
Posted on: May 28, 2023
We are committed to building a workplace where everyone feels
heard and respected, and extending our culture of care so that
every individual can reach their full potential. We want you to
have a sense of belonging and feel valued for your contributions
and the perspectives you bring.Summary: Reporting to the Vice
President of Transactions and M&A, the Director of US
Transactions and M&A is the manager responsible for supporting
the execution of RES's strategic plan for monetizing its renewable
energy development portfolio through marketing and selling
individual or portfolios of projects to project owners including
Investor-Owned Utilities (IOU), Independent Power Producers (IPP),
and Institutional Investors across the United States. Projects
include wind, solar, storage and hybrid projects. The Director
manages all aspects of the transactions in partnership with the
development team and is accountable for supporting the overall and
fiscal year revenue targets. In addition, the Director supports the
M&A work for the development team primarily through the
acquisition of project portfolios with direct coordination with the
- Helps drive the development of processes and systems and
provide analysis for monetizing RES's development portfolio
including teasers, CIMs, RFQs, RFPs and leveling sheets.
- Negotiates and leads transactions and project closings in
partnership with the development, pre-construction and engineering,
transmission, construction, support services, and legal teams.
- Establishes strategic relationships with identified buyers of
- Reviews and negotiate contractual terms in purchase/sale
- Maintains and expands relationships with lenders, investors,
- Participates in and validates assumptions in financial analysis
to support selling projects.
- Develops analyses with presentations to RES's investment
committee for transaction approvals.
- Coordinates with RES development strategy team to identify
potential acquisition targets and engage with these targets.
- Leads the acquisition of individual and portfolios of
- Attends work regularly and punctually, as scheduled or
- Complies with Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and Company
Policies & Procedures.
- Work and coordinate with the development team to deliver
planned revenue targets on time and has (or is willing to develop)
a network within the renewable community to facilitate potential
acquisitions in support of RES' growth targets.
- Presents, supports, and leads by example with a safety and
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines
appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses
materials and equipment properly.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating
opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and
- Manages one or more direct reports.
- Participates in the hiring and selection process to fill
positions on the team.
- Communicates regularly with direct reports on goals,
accomplishments, and information on policies.
- Demonstrates leadership and expertise in eyes of the client
- Employee Development:
- Provides tasks and assignments that challenge and stretch
- Conducts regular discussions with employee(s) on personal
development. Comfortable with empowering others.
- Conducts timely, effective performance reviews in accordance
with RES guidelines.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, Accounting, Economics, or
- Master's degree in business preferred.
- 7+ years of experience negotiating transactions, preferably in
the energy industry
- Understanding of energy market financing.
- Ability to travel 15-30%
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to negotiate at a high level for the sale and
acquisition of renewable energy projects.
- Exceptional organizational ability.
- Advanced persuasion and communication skills.
- Very strong and proven commercial transaction and M&A
experience, preferably in the wind, solar, and storage
- Is a natural relationship-builder who can develop and maintain
relationships with IOUs, IPPs, and Institutional Investors.
- Able to work with and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to manage external consultants and legal
- Functional competencies include accountability, attention to
detail, building strategic partnerships, business acumen, and
managing vision and purpose.Anticipated base salary range: $175,000
- $244,000The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual
education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This
position is bonus eligible.Physical requirements and
environment:The work environment and physical demands
characteristics are representatives of those the employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Rarely: Climbing,
crouching, kneeling, pulling/pushing/lifting between 5-15lbs., and
stooping are required. Occasionally: Carrying 5-15lbs., gripping,
handling, pinching, and walking are required.Frequently: Standing
is required.Constantly: Reading, grasping, hearing, reaching,
vision, repetitive motion, and sitting is required.Rarely exposed
to extreme cold, heat, humidity, hazards, vibrations, and wet
climates, in the working environment.Occasionally exposed to noise
in the work environment.We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background
investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.RES is an
equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws.#LI-Hybrid
Keywords: RES, Denver , Director US Transactions and M and A, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...