Senior Engineering Manager, Protocol (Remote)
Company: Kava Labs Inc
Posted on: May 27, 2023
We are a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% distributed
workforce with teams in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While
distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto
experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of
dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the
next evolution in crypto.Kava Labs is hiring for a Senior
Engineering Manager, who will be 40% hands on while also managing
our Protocol Engineering team, overseeing the Software Development
life cycle, and planning/scoping projects in collaboration with our
product and design teams. This is a North America-based, full-time,
remote position. What You Will Do.
- Manage, mentor and coach engineers: Ensure your team is meeting
project timelines and deliverables. Ensure that your team follows
Engineering best practices - sprints, code reviews, software design
docs, or conducting post-mortems.
- Review, write and test code: Write code, review and test.
Implement improvements to your team's technical diligence.
Facilitate technical design decisions and drive the team to execute
against those goals on time and within scope. Ensure quality code
is shipped by the team.
- Own the full SDLC: You'll guide the Protocol team through the
Planning, Requirements, Design, Building, Documenting, Testing,
Deployment and ongoing maintenance of each project.
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other department
leaders from Engineering, Product and Design to execute the product
- Communication: You'll exhibit a high level of autonomy in
ambiguous environments and are comfortable establishing and
executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Emotional Intelligence: You'll navigate through stressful or
ambiguous situations and lead your team to continue delivering high
quality software under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Innovation: You'll identify and tackle hard problems that are
considered as major bottlenecks which slow down or prevent
innovation.Who You Are.
- Minimum 6+ years in the software engineering industry.
- Minimum 2+ years hands-on development experience using Go or
other modern programming languages like Java or Rust and/or 3+
years managing a team which owned a service written in those
- Minimum 2+ years managing a team which owned a highly scalable
- Prior experience managing a geographically distributed
engineering team. (highly preferred)
- Lead projects and owned the relationship with Product and
scoping processes from start to inish.
- Able to adapt and adjust in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up
your sleeves type of work.Nice To Haves.
- Experience Managing a team that owned open source
- Minimum 1+ year experience with Web3 development (EVM or Cosmos
- Experience working in a Startup environment.Interview Process
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Head of People: 30 minutes
- Technical Assessment: 1 hour
- Peer Interview: 1 hour
- Head of Engineering: 1 hour
- Product: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes**Subject to change What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up,
wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic
Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) with match
- Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or prof
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced
- A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the
frontier of blockchainDisclaimerBenefits, perks and policies are
subject to change and eligibility may vary based on locationAbout
Kava Labs.Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services
and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world.
We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational
platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable
experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and
services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf
of users and is growing rapidly.We are a remote-first, globally
distributed team that values first principle thinking,
experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are
not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit
to create impactful technology for the future.We have a diverse set
of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we're all united in our
passion for building new open financial infrastructure - together
so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting
change in the world.Our Commitment to DiversityKava is proudly an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual
stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing
team.Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit
resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs
does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees
to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed
agreement with Kava Labs.
Keywords: Kava Labs Inc, Denver , Senior Engineering Manager, Protocol (Remote), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...