Remediation Department Manager- Environmental Services (Denver, CO)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: March 19, 2023
DescriptionRemediation Department ManagerThis position is
responsible for the successful vision, strategy, business
development, project execution and overall leadership of the
Remediation practice located onsite in the Denver (DEN) Office.This
position will lead our Remediation Department within the
Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice in DEN. The
Environmental practice serves private, public, and federal market
sectors. This position reports directly to the Regional
Environmental Global Practice manager and will work closely with
Burns & McDonnell ENS leadership to continue to build an
outstanding environmental remediation services practice in DEN and
nationally. This position will build upon the existing team within
the Remediation Department to grow the practice in a dynamic and
profitable manner based upon Burns & McDonnell's core values of
client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety, and
overall outstanding service. Specific areas of responsibility
include the following:+
- Ensure quality and safety standards while promoting technical
excellence and innovation. Adhere to Burns & McDonnell Quality
Control program. Responsible for maintaining the Burns & McDonnell
- Assist in the development of a long-term strategic plan for the
Remediation Department in DEN. Identify, develop, and direct the
implementation of business strategy for the Department, including
operational strategies and procedures, marketing and pricing
strategy, sales, and customer retention strategy.
- Serve as a Client Account Manager for key target clients,
providing guidance to client coordinators who will take primary
responsibility for ultimate delivery of services and client
- Create and cultivate key relationships within target client
- Develop client service plans which include vertical
relationship plans for the target client organizations.
- Identify program and project opportunities early and facilitate
go/no-go decisions in cooperation with DEN office leadership and
ENS practice leadership.
- Facilitate pursuit strategy and capture plan development to
pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Lead or facilitate proposal development, based on client
feedback and key win themes for project pursuits.
- Lead risk assessment and mitigation strategies, and contract
and negotiation process for projects after selection.Leadership+
- Creates and invests in emerging leaders.
- Enables others to act, allocating appropriate decision-making
authority and responsibility to others to maximize professional
growth of others.
- Can diffuse conflict; Encourages negotiation and workplace
- Generates enthusiasm, motivates, and encourages others. Able to
create a fun, challenging, and positive work environment with a
culture of excellence.
- Makes tough decisions and builds consensus when
- Upholds and communicates employee-ownership culture, company
policies, procedures, and values.Measures of Performance:These
performance measures will be quantified in cooperation with ENS
- Attainment of sales, revenue, and income goals for the
- Attainment of billable time targets for Department staff.
- Ability to lead PMs and develop management skills to maximize
safety, client satisfaction and profitability on projects.
- Growth of the department based on sales, revenue, net income
(profitability) and staff size.
- Ability to maximize profitability on projects.
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best people
in Burns & McDonnell.
- Ability to execute projects meeting or exceeding client
expectations for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to execute projects in a manner to meet and exceed
internal expectations for quality, schedule, labor/cost budgets,
project profitability, safety, and client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsBachelor's degree in
engineering, environmental science, geology, or related field from
accredited program. Minimum 7 years related professional
experience; 12 years preferred. Previous leadership and/or people
management experience is preferable. Excellent written & verbal
communication skills. Strong analytical and critical thinking
skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying
intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to
broad areas of assignments. Must be capable of devising new
approaches to problems encountered. Previous consulting experience
preferred.Expected compensation:$110,000-$260,000The expected
compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance
with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range
for this position is based on a number of factors, including but
not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work
experience and work location. The total annual compensation package
will consist of a base salary and eligibility to participate in our
discretionary year-end incentive bonus program.BenefitsOur
extensive benefits package takes care of you so that you can focus
on doing great work. From insurance and disability to time off and
wellness programs, we provide the tools to meet your needs. As part
of being 100% employee-owned, eligible employees participate in our
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in addition to our 401(k)
retirement program. For more information, please visit the Benefits
& Wellness page.EEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransJob
EnvironmentalPrimary Location US-CO-DenverOther Locations United
StatesSchedule: Full-timeTravel: Yes, 15 % of the TimeReq ID:
230709 Job Hire Type Experienced\#LI-JP \#ENS
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Denver , Remediation Department Manager- Environmental Services (Denver, CO), Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...