Development Project Manager
Company: Blue Ridge Executive Search
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Development Project Manager-Denver, Colorado
In conjunction with the VP of Construction and Assistant Project
Manager, the Project Manager will oversee and manage all onsite
construction activities for assigned development projects led by
our Self-Managed Construction team. The Project Manager will be
responsible for managing onsite teams and providing guidance and
support as needed with planning, design, scheduling, resource
allocation, project accounting, control, and technical direction;
ensuring compliance with quality standards on all construction;
reporting to leadership on project progress and plans; and
performing other key duties detailed below.
Your Key Deliverables
Project, Vendor and Contracts Management
- Oversees a multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers,
surveyors, environmental consultants, and contractors, in the
design, construction, and turnover of site improvements.
- Interfaces with City Agencies to expedite review and permitting
of construction documents, specs, and site management plans.
Obtains required construction permits and/or plan approvals from
- Manages construction activities, including monitoring of
budgets and schedules, coordination of weekly OAC meetings, RFIs
- Facilitates the Owner, Architect and Contractor (OAC) meetings
and develops effective communications and mechanisms to ensure
project coordination with the Owner, Design and Construction
- Manages and monitors the subcontractors.
- Anticipates potential cost and schedule impacts and proactively
implements mitigating measures.
- Supports in preparing project status reviews to corporate on
Contractor performance, summary of budget and change orders
required for billing, tenant coordination requirements, major
design changes and other key issues.
- Reviews and verifies consultant invoices, subcontractor pay
applications, and change order requests with design team and
- Assists with Requests for Proposal for design and construction
services; assists with negotiation and award contracts for
consultant services and construction subcontractors.
- Oversees all aspects of utility service applications, including
domestic water, reclaimed water, fire water, temporary and
permanent power, gas, telephone/cable, etc.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, EIR mitigation
measures, development agreement obligations, and environmental
regulations. Coordinates field monitoring and perform data review
and quality control of environmental monitoring transmittals.
Budgeting, Scheduling and Reporting
- Works with Project Accountant, Preconstruction, Superintendent,
and others to provide updates to cost/budget controls, project
schedules, cash flow projections, and monthly financial
- Participates in monthly contractor pay application meetings
with Development and lending institute.
- Provides support on the preparation of monthly lender draws
lien releases and payments to contractors, special inspectors,
subcontractors, and others.
- Manages forecasting, including tracking and negotiating
subcontractor change order requests
- Undergraduate Degree in Construction, Engineering,
Architecture, or related discipline.
- 5-7 years' experience in development, construction, or design
- Knowledge of legal issues, construction contract issues,
general conditions, and safety standards.
- Expertise in managing budgets, schedules, and engineering
design, and permitting/public agency.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and organizational
skills; possesses the ability to manage multiple projects
- Data oriented and have proven ability to interpret and
synthesize data; provides solutions and recommendations to drive
- High sense of urgency, great attention to detail and able to
work independently under pressure.
- Resourceful problem solver; resolving project issues without
significant management oversite.
- Critical thinker: exceptional analytical skills making
decisions independently combined with the ability to work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across internal
and external relationships.
- Fast learner able to handle fast-paced environment; possess a
positive 'no task is too small' attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Project and
Nice to Haves
- Multi-family residential, wrap, wood framing, and concrete
construction experienced preferred.
- Post-graduate degree in construction management a plus.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
All new hires must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to
What's in it for you:
- $110,000-$130,000 + 25% bonus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- 401k matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and
Keywords: Blue Ridge Executive Search, Denver , Development Project Manager, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...