Development Manager, Wind
Company: The AES Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by
changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day
in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary
The candidate for the Development Manager on the AES Clean Energy
Wind Development Team position will be based out of our Louisville,
Colorado office. Duties will include project management of wind
development projects throughout the western U.S. The position
involves coordination with internal and external partners including
but not limited to developers, real estate counsel, meteorologists,
engineering and construction teams, and community leaders. The
successful candidate will have the skills to succeed in leading
multiple projects and supporting a variety of business development
efforts in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience in developing renewable energy assets,
preferred wind experience
- Exceptional organizational, communication, decision
making/problem solving, analytical and time management skills.
- Independent thinker able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic
- Validated ability to produce error-free work under
- Great teammate with strong initiative, yet able to work
autonomously to complete tasks.
- Experience handling external subject matter experts to complete
a common goal
- Track record of ability to instill confidence as a credible,
reliable and experienced support resource for team members in
- Passion for the renewable energy industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager within the Wind Development Team will partner
with cross-functional teams in activities leading to the successful
execution and delivery of wind projects to the Construction Team
for construction activity. Specific duties will include:
- Navigate and secure local, state, and/or federal land use
permits / processes commonly associated with wind development.
- Manage environmental, legal, and technical subject matter
experts, manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain
project timeline and budget.
- Support greenfield wind development prospecting efforts.
- Negotiate site control and real estate agreements to support
wind development activities with new and existing landowners.
- Successfully negotiate new tax abatement agreements and
host-community agreements with local municipalities, when
- Identify and implement novel mitigation strategies to reduce
project cost and impact.
- Assist with permitting and environmental compliance throughout
the construction and operation of projects.
- Act as a representative for AES Clean Energy in meetings with
the community, elected officials, and regulators.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Proven track record of expertise in development, preferably
related to project management of utility-scale renewable energy
- Experience with renewable development preferred
- Knowledge of renewable energy policy and initiatives
- Knowledge of interconnection processes, permitting processes
(including NEPA and CEQA, among others), wind resource campaigns,
real estate agreements and similar land use entitlement and
- Project and case management skills including a strong aptitude
for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in verbal and written
- Knowledge of renewable energy construction process; real estate
development; renewable energy projects/assets evaluation and
acquisition, permitting processes.
- Microsoft Office, project management software.
- BA/BS degree.
The expected salary for this position begins at $105,000. Factors
that may be used to determine final salary offered include relevant
experience, skills, location, qualifications and other factors,
consistent with applicable law. This position is eligible to
receive an annual bonus. We also offer a comprehensive benefits
package including market competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
market leading 401(K), and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building
strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity
and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and
perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people,
customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we
live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin,
ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social
Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of
Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's
I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our
people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and
maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires
all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for
U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be
willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of
hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in
a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be
required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and
periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all
applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as
Keywords: The AES Corporation, Denver , Development Manager, Wind, Executive , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!