Director of Housekeeping
Company: Sage Hospitality Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Why us?The Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown and
Convention CenterAre you looking for a place that will inspire and
challenge you? Let us be that place, as we show you the joys of
working in hospitality!This Embassy Suites by Hilton is a gateway
to Denver's lively downtown scene. Boasting a contemporary
convention venue, our Silver LEED-certified hotel is within walking
distance of the best attractions in the downtown area.The team at
the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown looks forward to
sharing their experiences with you and can offer you an environment
focused on learning and development. Come and choose your next
career adventure at our Embassy Suites and not only have fun where
you work but be a part of our unconventional, approachable, down to
earth team!Submit your resume and application today!Employee
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for FTYR employees
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Discounted On-Site Downtown Parking
- Hotel Discounts (Both Hilton & Sage Portfolio)Sage Values &
Culture: At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members
serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute
unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set
new standards in hospitality.Job OverviewThe Director of
Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and
sanitation of the hotel, guest rooms, public areas and other
assigned areas. Directs and coordinates all functions of the
Housekeeping and Laundry departments and ensures impeccable levels
of cleanliness and upkeep. Implements inventory and cost controls
and ensures expenses are carefully managed. Must demonstrate
excellent leadership, communication and team building skills with
associates, peers and across departments.Responsibilities
- Supervise the housekeeping and laundry employees to attract,
retain and motivate them while providing a safe work environment;
interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel,
recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews and recommend
discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Supervise and inspect the daily cleaning of the guest rooms,
public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with
accident/loss prevention programs, SOPs and health/sanitation
standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness
and guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and report on expenses (payroll and supplies) to aid in
controlling costs while ensuring adequate staff and supplies are on
hand to provide top quality services.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure
- Refer and follow-up on maintenance issues/problems with
Engineering to protect hotel assets, ensure a safe, accident free
environment for guests and employees and maintain/improve guest
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquiries to
maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure
appropriate protection of the hotel's guests, staff and company
assets.QualificationsEducation/Formal TrainingOne to two years of
post high school education.Experience
- Experience required by position is from two to three full years
of employment in a related position with this company or other
- 3-5 years of experience in housekeeping operations
- Previous experience in a full service Director of Housekeeping
- Experience working in a union environment
- Requires thorough knowledge of the Housekeeping field.
- Requires knowledge of our company/hotel policies and procedures
and the ability to determine course of action based on these
- Requires supervision/management skills.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to analyze report data, prepare reports and initiate
correspondence.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting -up to 25 lbs. issuing supplies, inventory, receiving
supplies, organizing, etc.
- Pushing -limited; Pulling -limited Carrying -up to 25 lbs.
issuing supplies, inventory, receiving supplies, organizing,
- Bending -30% of shift touring property, checking rooms,
- Kneeling -5% of shift checking rooms.
- Ability to communicate information and hotel services to
management and guests. Second language may be required.
- Ability to communicate with guests.
- Ability to inspect guest rooms, public areas, and back of
house, and review reports.
- Mobility -continuous movement throughout the hotel.
- Continuous standing -30% of shift.
- Climbing of approximately 100 steps 20% of shift. Climbing
ladders of approximately 3 feet 5% of shift.EnvironmentPrimarily
housekeeping department environment. May include prolonged
strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled
environment. Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of
shift.Benefits Medical, dental, & vision insurance Health savings
and flexible spending accounts Basic Life and AD&D insurance
Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays Eligible to
participate in the Companys 401(k) program with employer matching
Employee Assistance Program Tuition Reimbursement Great discounts
on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.ID: 2023-15949Position Type:
Regular Full-TimeProperty : Embassy Suites DenverOutlet:
HotelCategory: Housekeeping & LaundryMin: USD $80,000.00/Yr.Address
: 1420 Stout StCity : DenverState : ColoradoEOE Protected
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Group, Denver , Director of Housekeeping, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!