Director, Field Applications Science
Company: Slingshot Biosciences, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
As a Director of Field Applications Science at Slingshot, you
will be committed to providing comprehensive and specialized
support to customers on all matters related to catalog products.
You will work closely with customers to understand their unique
needs and develop tailored solutions that are applicable for their
projects. This includes providing technical guidance on the use of
our technologies, delivering pre-sales support, and conducting
field marketing initiatives such as seminars or webinars to
increase awareness of our products. You will also collaborate with
internal stakeholders across the organization in order to ensure
customer satisfaction and success utilizing our products. The
successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape product
development projects and influence strategic decisions to ensure
customer satisfaction. This individual must demonstrate strong
customer empathy, a talent for problem-solving and the ability to
quickly adapt to changing circumstances. This person must be able
to build relationships with customers and industry partners, and
identify new opportunities to drive business growth. Your main goal
is to help customers maximize the potential of our technologies and
services by developing long-term relationships based on trust,
honesty, and open communication. Through your commitment to
customer success, you will play a key role in Slingshot's
growth.The Director of Field Applications Science will bring with
them a deep understanding of new developments in the field,
including single cell analysis and novel assays. They should
possess expert level knowledge on cutting-edge technologies, cell
analysis systems (Traditional, Spectral, TOF), imaging cytometry
and next generation sequencing. In addition, they must be well
versed in emerging standards for best practices in cell analysis
techniques, protocols and regulations. You must stay scientifically
up-to-date and engaged in a fast paced field in which our business
participates and possess a deep understanding of cell analysis and
cell therapy customer needs. The Director of Field Applications
Science will serve as a subject matter authority for strategic
product applications. This exceeds expertise in Flow Cytometry by
including pre- and post- sales support to sales associates based
upon customer and Slingshot business needs. An ability to
communicate complex concepts effectively to customers is also
essential for success in this role.The Director of Field
Applications Science will also be responsible for creating training
materials, conducting demos and presentations at conferences,
events or workshops, and staying abreast of current scientific
trends in the field. They should have extensive experience in
developing content for scientific publications and marketing
collateral. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of
technical proficiency, strategic vision, good communication skills
and the desire to make an impact on our customers' success. This
position requires a highly skilled individual who can bring their
expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm to the job. It also requires a
commitment to staying up-to-date on scientific advances in the
field and an ability to think outside of the box. The Director of
Field Applications Science will be a key contributor to our success
and their contributions can have far-reaching consequences for our
customers and our company.The successful candidate should have
excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and
experience working successfully in cross-functional teams. They
must be well versed in project management processes and possess a
track record of delivering results on time and within budget.
Furthermore, they should demonstrate leadership qualities that
inspire respect within the organization. Above all, this individual
should maintain a high level of professional integrity at all
times.If you are an experienced professional with the ability to
establish strong relationships and provide exceptional technical
support, then this role is for you! We look forward to hearing from
- Supports critical customer sites by applying their expertise in
multi-color flow applications; demonstrates a strong solid
understanding of most commercial Cell Analysis systems
(instruments, software, reagents) to provide product
demonstrations, troubleshooting, assay/workflow design and other
technical consultations as needed.
- Understands major competitors' offerings and stays
scientifically current and engaged in fast- moving fields in which
our business participates and deeply understands Slingshots
- Provides voice of the customer information source for
Marketing, Product Development, Business Development and other
departments. Participates as a member of product strategy teams as
assigned. Collaborates with appropriate departments to develop
technical presentations, applications notes and other communication
- Trains field-based and in-house technical applications
associates as assigned. Provides technical support at tradeshows,
user's meetings, workshops, and other special Cell Analysis venues
as appropriate. Acts as a technical resource for internal
associates. Ensures technical knowledge transfer between all
customer facing teams Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters in Biological Sciences, or related field, PhD
- 10+ years' experience in Flow Cytometry, including instrument
setup, sample preparation, and data acquisition and analysis
- 2 years' experience in cell sorting preferred.
- Strong proven understanding of most commercial Cell Analysis
systems (instruments, software, reagents) and understand major
- Experience with instrumentation and assay troubleshooting and
in the development of assay/workflow designs. Authority in
multicolor flow applications.
- A proven track record in the validation and development of new
products in the life-science space.
- An effective manager who has broad R&D experience involving
development of scientific instruments and reagents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines and to adapt to a
- Strong innovation and networking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate technology to
potential business impacts.
- Demonstrated ability to make things happen-this is an important
- Success in this role involves building and maintaining strong
relationships with teams across the entire organization.
- It is important to recruit advocates and experts from other
teams as new technologies are evaluated and introduced.
Additionally, building strong relationships with the marketing team
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
and meet Slingshot auto safety standards. Requires at least a 3
year driving history.
- Ability to travel 50-70%. Additional qualifications that could
help you succeed even further in this role include:
- PhD in Life Sciences or related specialty such as
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple
deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Must have strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a complex sales environment
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
Keywords: Slingshot Biosciences, Inc., Denver , Director, Field Applications Science, Executive , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!