Release Train Manager
Company: American Cybersystems, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Req #: 635442Job Description: Manager of Release Train
EngineersLocation: RemoteJob Type: Contract-to-hire or Direct
HireCompensation: $65-75 hourly W2Key Responsibilities:The Manager
/ Release Train Engineer (RTE) has primary purpose of supporting
and coaching other RTE's while also performing an Agile Release
Train (ART) role. The ART Role includes driving agile release
efforts to success and navigating the complexity of delivering
software in large, cross-functional environments and the
traditional duties of an RTE. The RTE helps resolve and escalate
impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives
program level continuous improvement. The RTE is accountable for
the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of
value through the program.What you are good at
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching for the RTE
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release
planning for the ART. This includes:
- Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be
considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Facilitating the ART team's refinement of features to be
considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature
Definition of Ready.
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with
stakeholders and customers during feature definition and
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and
during quarterly planning.
- Managing change to the ART's PI plan and the impacts of those
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning,
collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and
stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and
- Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback
and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines,
milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the
development of reports and analyses that document program
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as
subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and
procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an
advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and
- Act as a galvanizing force for sharing Agile and SAFe knowledge
across the organization.
- Act as a Release Train Engineer.
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in
larger Agile community.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices
- 8-10 years progressive work-related experience with
demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines / technologies /
processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years managing
- Proven, prior experience as Release Train Engineer for long
lived value streams and Products.
- Demonstrated Release Train Engineer experience in organizing,
planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through
implementation. Experience coordinating multiple teams in a
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
for the purpose of providing and explaining technical and project
related information to clients, vendors, senior management and
- Ability to easily build new relationships and proactively
establish a variety of contacts across the organization.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or equivalent -
- SAFe Certified Release Train Engineer certification or
equivalent - DESIRED.
- Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Professional or
equivalent - DESIRED.Diane DouglasSenior Technical
Recruiter303-521-7100About Ascent:The Ascent Services Group (ASG)
is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm
whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small,
Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As
consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top
clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver
innovative talent through proven best practices and effective
resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and
experience the difference!
Keywords: American Cybersystems, Inc., Denver , Release Train Manager, Executive , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!